cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Infinity speed decrease

I have had infinity up to 80mb now for 2 over two years.  One good thing to come out of it was the drop line that was faulty and had caused my line attenuation to be higher than it should (compared to next doors) was finally replaced as infinity caused it to break down completely.  This was a mixed blessing as I had been trying to get something done for years and was just banging my head ion a brick wall as my broadband speed (just over 2mb) was 'within the limits'

Anyway when I first got infinity my speeds were in the 38-39mb range but for the last 6 months or more they are down to  around 34mb.  I would like to know first of all why this is and secondly if I decide to reduce my tariff to the up to 40mb instead of the tariff I am on, will  I will still get this speed.  I have been reluctant to do this incase I end up with a slower speed and there is only around £5 difference a month.  

If only I was closer than 800meters to the cabinet and my line to the cabinet wasn't b**dy aluminiumSmiley Sad as I was informed by an engineer a few years back.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity speed decrease

If you have never been able to get over 38Mbps you have been wasting your money being on Infinity 2. You should "downgrade" to Infinity 1. You will not get slower speeds doing this. You will still get the maximum speed that your line can deliver which even on a good day does not hit the maximum for Infinity 1.

The reason for the speed drop could be down to more people using Infinity and just general degradation of your line.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity speed decrease

Thanks I'll get on to that tomorrowSmiley Happy

0 Ratings