cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickhok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Infinity speed drop

Recently renewed with BT Infinity and have noticed that my speeds have dropped from 34mbps down and 7mbps up to 26mbps down and 5.7 up. Nothing has changed at my end so am assuming that something has changed at BT's end. Ran the btspeed test and results are below, is the IP profile correct?

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 26.07 Mbps

0 Mbps26.52 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 26.07 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-26.52 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 26.52 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 4.85 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.85Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

The test result has indicated that you should contact your ISP for further assistance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity speed drop

if using a hh5 can you go to troublkeshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you enter your phone number and post results https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nickhok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Results are below, not using hub5 due to dropouts.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)38.8307.65.7--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)33.1187.63.7--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14--10 to 17.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14Up to 110 to 17.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand33030--Available
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

are you using a modem or can you post any stats from your router

from the dslchecker results your estimated max  is 38.8mb and as that is below the infinity 1 max of 40mb then I would suggest you downgrade from infinity2 to 1 and save some money   i would phone options team on 0800800030  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nickhok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Using tp-link n600

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2

Annex Type:Annex A/B/L/M

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors(Pkts)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

your max rate of 40mb is at the infinity 1 limit so certainly I would downgrade to infinity 1 and save some money

your noise margin is high at 8.7 are you having problems with router dropping connection?

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

0 Ratings
nickhok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Yes I had trouble with Hub 5 dropping connection, tried the noise test , line was quiet. Still not sure why speed has dropped to 25-27 mbps from a constant 34 mbps before I renewed contract, its like i've been downgraded 😞   Will have to keep Infinity 2 as I need the unlimited option. Starting to think I made a mistake renewing with BT.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

I would phone the options team and see what they offer - at least try as freephone number and they are uk based and usually very helpful

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

@nickhok wrote:

Yes I had trouble with Hub 5 dropping connection, tried the noise test , line was quiet. Still not sure why speed has dropped to 25-27 mbps from a constant 34 mbps before I renewed contract, its like i've been downgraded 😞   Will have to keep Infinity 2 as I need the unlimited option. Starting to think I made a mistake renewing with BT.

Infinity 1 is unlimited.

0 Ratings
nickhok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Really? then i need to look into it , thank you.

0 Ratings