cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Infinity speed drops off in the evening

Hi,

I have been experiencing severe drops in broadband speeds between 5 and 10 at night. I have reported this twice and both times been asked to reset my router after being told my line speeds are ok. My speed checks show less than 6Mb/s compared to over 50 in the mornings. BT have now sent me a new router but this is not the issue or the solution.

How can i get this checked ns resolved?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Infinity speed drops off in the evening

Use http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and let us know what exchange and cabinet number please
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

I live in dumbarton east. Can you tell me how to obtain the exchange and cabinet number?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

Dumbarton exchange cabinet 33. Sorry i should have looked at your reply more carefully.

Message 5 of 16

@Ianrgolf I can't find any issues listed for your exchange but from what you have described it sounds like a congestion problem with the SVLAN your service operates on. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get that checked. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Hi neil,

Sorry im missing something. I have clicked onto your username but cannot see any link to contact the mods.

To be honest im not finding this forum easy to navigate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

It here

contact the mods.png

You need to be logged in and viewing the full site, not the mobile version to see the link.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Sorry but I am logged in and viewing the full site and I cannot see that link either - nor can I see, or have I seen, a similar link in any of the moderator profiles I have managed to find.  See what I see :

neilo.jpg

I tried looking at my profile for a tick box that might control it but that was a dead end.  I'm as stumped as the last guy Cat Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

I have asked for it to be reposted.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

I did wonder if it was to do with the moderator being online so I went and found one who was online right there and then but it made no difference, there was just the same content as I could see for NeilO

0 Ratings