cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Infinity speed drops throughout the day 70 down to <4!

Go to solution

Hi,

I have had infinity (78meg package) for over a 18 months, never had an issue. Consistently > 65 meg download speeds.

I reported an issue on the 19th December, as speeds were dropping off and we started to see gaming issues and general buffering on films etc.  i got feedback a fix had been applied on the 23rd.

Then i was told that this would be resolved today, not before, and sure enough the ticket has been logged as resolved.  Throughout this week the issue has been getting worse, 1.26Meg last night at one stage.  I have chatted to the online chat service every night and have basically been told it is with level 2 engineers and will be resolved Friday and nothing more can be done until then.

I have had a speedtest auto-performing every 30 mins and sure enough, as yesterday, speeds ok until around midday then they start to decay:

2 days BT.jpg

I performed a wholsale speed test last night, below:

BT2912.jpg

Router Details below:

desktop.jpg 

Exchange is Crosshands.  Others on same exchange are saying there connection is slow, though no evidence.

Any help appreciated as it feels like I am getting nowhere with the normal channels.

Thanks,

Alan

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Infinity speed drops throughout the day 70 down to <4!

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

This is needed before a moderator can be asked to look at it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks, i will do this later when worse and then again in morning when better.

Attached is result from ~3PM 30/12/16, is this the correct test or do you need me to go futher pressing continue etc. and changing the username, i did this earlier in week, same result.3pm3012.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

No, there is no need for the TAP3 tests. Its the last further diagnostics result that gets stored, and can be read by BT Wholesale.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Don't do it that way around. The slow one must be the last one you do as this is recorded by BTWholesale.

Neither BT Retail nor Openreach can resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

Ran the test this morning, didnt go into further diagnostics so as not to overwrite the low result.  If i need to, let me know and can run again up until midday as it is predicatble now.  Yesaterday again reached 2 mbps download at about 9:25 last night.

There are 2 tests uploaded, one at is worse<4mbs(29th evening) one getting worse, <17 (30th aftrenoon), one good ~70 31st morning.  Do i need to do any more to help diagnose.

Cheers, Alan

311216 GOOD.jpg

last 2 days from 31st morning.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 24

Re: Infinity speed drops throughout the day 70 down to &lt;4!

Go to solution

If you wanted you could do one at say midday and then another tonight when it slows down again. You'll still have the slow one recorded then.

I just wanted you to be aware that the last one always has to be the one from the congested period.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

thanks, will do that, had another chat with BT livechat this morning where they declared all was ok, as my speed is good in the AM. Tried to explain, again, what is happening, no luck, it is fixed they stated, as i have good speeds now at one point in the day.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

It is pointless talking to the chat team or customer services as they cannot do anything, they don't even have the tools to see the issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

Test tonight:

311216 bad.jpg

0 Ratings