daza1965
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Infinity speed

Hi

Can anyone help !!. I've called BT countless times about my broadband speed, which is slow during peak times. I've asked not to be throttled and am currently on an unlimited package. They keep stating I'm not being throttled but I am !!!. Speed tests at peak times are diabolical !!!Anyone have any suggestions ?   

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity speed

If you contracted before Feb 2013 you will be on Unlimited broadband. This means you have unlimited data upload and download limits. It does not mean that your connection will not be limited at peak times.

If you contracted after Feb 2013 you will be on Totally Unlimited. This means you have unlimited data uploads and download and you will not be limited at peak times.

If you re-contracted after Feb 2013 you may not have been automatically put onto Totally Unlimited unless you asked for it when you reconnected.

If you are limited you will need to re-contract to have it lifted.

If you carry out a Glasnost test this will show if you are being traffic shaped.

http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

daza1965
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

HI, thanks for the reply. I've tried a glasnost test, this came back as follows

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your download traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

No downloads / uploads are happening as far as I can make out. Have had the above result twice now.

Regards  Daza1965

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
daza1965
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi

attached are the test results which I have no idea what these mean !!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Daza1965

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

I don't know what you have done with the test results I asked to see but they are not on your post. Can you re do them and post them so that they can be used to try and help with your problem.

daza1965
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

For some reason its not letting me paste the screen shootsof the results onto this page, any suggestions ?. I thought I managed to add these as an attachment on my last reply !!!.As you can guess I'm pretty new to all this !!!!

0 Ratings
daza1965
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Looking into this further it now appears that BT have not changed me over to totally unlimmited.I will be calling them to get this sorted once and for all.

Thanks so much for your help, I'll let you know the outcome.  

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

If you have a problem getting them to understand what you mean, post back for further advice and possible help from a forum moderator. 

0 Ratings