cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: Infinity speeds very slow during peak times recently.

Go to solution

I will post it tomorrow morning or afternoon when the connection is back to normal. I have already posted the evening speed test and it shows what speed I am getting. I have tested it every day and I can tell you I get 22-24Mbps normally and 3-5Mbps during the evening congestion issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

OK I have taken a speed test now just after 1am, this is what my speed is normally. 

bt speed test normal.png

And this is what my speed is during peak time in the last week or two (test taken at 8-9pm). I haven't had this kind of issue before.

bt speed test.png

I have tried 2 different Homehub 5's and a Netgear router I have (I only ever have one hub 5 connected usually) and the issue is still the same with each. It's almost certainly some kind of congestion issue. It's very inconvenient given that it is happening between 7-12 every night.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

it is 100% congestion i have the same issue started at about 8/8:30 and finished at about 11:30/midnight been the same all week.

Or there is throttling.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution
BT do not throttle
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Same again tonight, it starts around this time and gets progressively slower until it hits 3-4Mbps at around 9pm. It doesn't return to full speed until after midnight.

I understand this is a congestion issue and I just need to wait for a solution but it doesn't make it any less annoying. I have been fairly patient with this so far and it has nearly been 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

I noticed the internet went down for a moment earlier today and I thought at the time they may have implemented something to address this issue. I am testing the connection now and getting normal speeds. I will monitor it over the next few hours and evenings and see how it goes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @DF11 and thanks for posting.

If you continue to have problems please post back and we'll take a closer look at this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
This could be due to interference. Have you any electrical equipment that comes on at this time? Or are there any premises near you where this may be happening ?
If so, that equipment would need to be screened to prevent interference.
I remember seeing a post a few years ago when this was the cause.
It may be a long shot but worth checking out.
Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

RichRolls - I appreciate the reply but I don't think that was the issue here, thanks though.

It appears like the congestion issue has been resolved. Since Saturday I haven't had any speed drops during peak time, I am testing it now and it's all good. I will test it again about 9-10pm and post back to say but I believe it will be OK. 

While I am relieved that the issue seems to have been fixed, I am still a little perplexed that it went on for so long and that there was zero communication to the customer about it. During this time the customer was made to go through loops and was generally getting the brunt end of things. 

Thanks for the replies and I will post back later and see how everything is and perhaps you could mark this as resolved. I will be checking the connection at peak times throughout the week as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution
the problem is outside the remit of the call centres as it affects all providers not just BT Retail
0 Ratings