cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Infinity suddenly stopped working - awaiting "level 2" team - feeling fobbed off

Just trying to keep this brief, we've had infinity 2 fitted for over 2 years now - in that time it's been absolutely faultless however on Thursday morning I noticed that we now just have a flashing orange light on the hub  and no internet connection.

Spoke with BT who went through the usual troubleshooting but then said their "level 2" team would need to investigate further. Waited 24 hours for their "level 2" team to call back only to be told it would be at least the 27th before they could do anything and she'd ring back then!!!

Its now the 27th, she called this morning to say that absolutely no progress had been made and she'd call with another "update" tomorrow. As you can imagine 6 days in with no internet in a large household our patience is wearing thin - tried to question level 2 lady who refused to commit herself to giving any answers as to what the problem was or what we are actually waiting for...

Now I fully understand it's Christmas which will cause delays, but I'm paying £26 per month for this and it's getting a bit ridiculous now! "Level2" insist on calling me tomorrow but I'm at work so I'm likely going to miss this call. 

I know now there's not much anyone on here can do as you don't work for BT but I feel like I needed to rant about this and I feel like I'm being fobbed off by "level 2" and their barrage of unhelpful callbacks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity suddenly stopped working - awaiting "level 2" team - feeling fobbed off

Welcome to this user forum.

Is your phone line working?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Re: Infinity suddenly stopped working - awaiting "level 2" team - feeling fobbed off

Hi

phone works fine - no noise on the line at all.

We had another call from the level 2 this afternoon who cheerfully advised "it should be working now" - however we returned home later to find it was exactly the same (flashing orange light) - I've rebooted and no improvement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Just called BT to explain its still not working (to see if we can move this forward).

i have been told that a callback is scheduled for the 29th and there's nothing further they can do.

really losing my patience now 24+ hours lost just waiting for a callback!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

What type of hub do you have?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Home Hub 5
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

As well as the flashing orange is there what looks like a 'b' and if so what's it's doing?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Many thanks for the replies so far.

In answer to the above - just an orange flashing light (the B light does not appear to be illuminated at all).

As of this morning the orange flashing light has turned to the normal blue solid light.

I have confirmed we're now back online, however a few quick speed tests show a disappointing 15 Mbps download speed - this was previously anywhere from 50-59 Mbps - issue therefore isn't resolved!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Just to update;

Just had a knock at the door from an OR engineer (unexpected). He was really helpful and said they're having issues with the cab down the road which is causing problems for everyone connected to that cab on fibre. 

He said they'd usually just "swap over" but there's no spares on the cab. He advised will probably be a couple more days.

In the meantime our connection is intermittent. Very happy that the OR engineer took the time to knock on and advise us in person.

BT made no mention of a fault in the area (nor is it on their status page)!

0 Ratings