cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Infinity unstable for weeks now

HomeHub5 stats - thanks for the patience so far as well, I do appreciate it.  ( I didn't realise the hh5 stats weren't showing much due to going through the open reach box, live and learn 🙂 )

hh5_2001.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

As an aside ,I don't know how related this maybe to my other fault but the homehub5 seems to constantly ask me to reset the admin password for the first time login as admin but it's not the first time, I've changed the admin password 3 times already but it does seem to think it's my first time login repeatedly. I'm going to go trawl the forums to see if this has been reported elsewhere .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Not deliberately talking to myself but I've been looking at the stats and from what I can see on t'net the ones I should look at are 

6. Data rate: 20000 / 64376
7. Maximum data rate:23498 / 73377

6 is sync rate and 7 is attainable. I think this means I should be around 64Mbps which is give or take what I get on speedtests when everything is ok. I'm still searching for decent descriptions of what these stats all mean though so feel free to tell me otherwise 🙂

I definately don't have the knowledge to talk about the signal/noise margins etc but am I right in assuming that when my connection is running slow, I should look at 6 and 7 above ? Just to check, do these only change when the hh reboots or are they real-time numbers? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 14

8. Noise margin is also very important.

6. only changes at a resync - not necessarily a reboot, so 5. DSL uptime has to be checked too. 8. should also be checked then too, as it should be at a target of 6dB

7. and 8. change all the time.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings