cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 28

Re: Infinity was great! ... until openreach un-jumpered my fibre for no apparent reason. ......

If the billing issue is as a result of what you've been through I would drop an email to Steph as you have already been in touch - and detail the billing issue. Might be worth including a link to this as well.
0 Ratings
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Re: Infinity was great! ... until openreach un-jumpered my fibre for no apparent reason. ......

The throttling hasn't stopped, why does anyone stick with BT.

I had my Infinity less than 1 week and I'm down from 20MB (they sold me 40MB) to 1.5MB and first they told me this was a network problem and they would fix it, after a few days of nothingness I called them and they said I was a high user, I mean really come on BT I purchase option2 unlimited and I'm a high user in 1 week? what should I do with my Super Fast Unlimited Broadband? should I just use it the way I used my old 8MB broadband (which never got throttled), if this is the case then I should have stuck with my old Broadband, no limits are mentioned on your site or fair use policy for option 2 infinity, in fact it clearly implies that option 2 users will not be limited.

Wave bye bye to another 10 year customer BT (actually 20 years if you don't count my short break to NTL) wish I could move home and go back to Virgin, I guess there are plenty other providers............

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Hi Dashfixer

I can look into this for you if you wish.

Send me an email to the email address in my profile. Please remember to include your BT account number, telephone number and a link to this thread.

Cheers

Stuart

dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

A Reply From BT, WOW

Thanks I'll do that.

my usage

speed test

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Re: A Reply From BT, WOW

Well Well, 1/1/2011 another month and I'm still throttled to 2mb even though I haven't as yet used the internet this month, so every reason given so far for the throttling of my speed is total lies from BT............

Refund my money BT, oh and I have sent a complaint to OFCOM I would urge other BT Infinity victims to do the same.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

OMG, I just got off from the BT indian call centre team, and they have just changed their story AGAIN, after proving to them I was limited in my first week they tried to tell me that a limit will be put in place after 200GB and then a further slow down after 300GB, Whats going on BT, your support can't even stick to the same story, problem is as I'm sure BT can CLEARLY see I was limited after the first week after only 46GB of usage, and by the end of the DEC month I was only at 246GB usage, so this is complete nonsense..............whats tomorrows story going to be?

0 Ratings
JamesEllis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Dude. Seriously ... they just make stuff up as they go along.... Mine's still not properly sorted since November 18th..... Now somehow I have 2x BT accounts and Im being charged twice..... Ive been charged a disconnection fee for something i didnt want disconnected in the first place and for a home hub I didnt want/need....

and now it seems im being throttled back to 8mb downstream despite not getting even half way to my alleged 300gb /pcm limit

SHODDY!

dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Sorry to hear another victim, oh and if you read on sadly it's not even just for a calander month (another lie).

OK, called BT (UK) and finally got a result, they still claim I overused my 300GB however after asking them to cut my Infinity service they decided they wanted to keep their 10 year customer with 5 lines and 2 BB accounts, and to be honest I'm a little glad as I do feel a little loyal to BT, however sometimes you can be too loyal and be taken advantage of.

Anyhow after I pointed out I'd had an email stating that any overusage in one month lets say DEC and lets say you over use on 7th DEC so your only 1 week into the service, you'll be throttled down to less than 2mb for DEC and also for JAN so in effect a 2 month ban from infinity!!!

Sorry but thats a joke as is 300GB.

Anyway I pointed out that I had not used close to this 300GB "limit" (which still isnt advertised ANY PLACE on BT's site not even in the "fair use" page), and hey presto they said they would reset my speed back to normal, so if you can call 12MB normal when I should have 20MB then I guess its better now, however if I get throttled again this month I'm off to SKY, after seeing their new advert (clearly aimed at BT) I called them and they have told me like they state on the advert they wont throttle my speed at any time regardless of usage..........wake up BT............

So in short, no thanks to the BT support in India and a little thanks to BT cancelations in the UK and a decent amount of thanks to the Girl who finally talked me out of leaving and reset my speed, alls well that ends well.

FOR NOW, lol see you all soon..............keep an eye on that usage meter and print it out daily or you WILL be cheated out of your speed.

Bye ALL

Jim

0 Ratings