cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity wifi dropping out but ethernet still connected suggestions please!!

Hi all

Had infinity installed for a month now and all is mostly OK apart from the once or twice daily wifi drop out despite all lights blue on HH2. Router is in the same place my netgear one was which managed my plusnet connection faultlessly for 3 years.

Wifi drops out but ethernet pcs can still go on line, wifi laptops and homehub manager show as connected but no traffic flows, my squeezebox system stops playing also despite showing as connected to HH manager.

This seems to be a common problem but I cant seem to sort it. I have tweaked channels, auto and selected, IP lease time as well as fixed IP addresses also as well as downgrading to just B&G rather than N,B,G.

Seems to drop randomly and not at any set time of day, comes back on after about a couple of mins only by holding in wifi button on router.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity wifi dropping out but ethernet still connected suggestions please!!

If you haven't already - try downloading InSIDDer to see what other wireless networks are about - especially just after it appears to fail. You may need to change the channel setting on the hub to move to a less congested one

Link to InSIDDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Infinity wifi dropping out but ethernet still connected suggestions please!!

Thanks Geoff, tried that already and there is never a sausage around my area. BT this morning had me changing from WPA to WEP key but to no avail, WIFI dropped at 19:15 this evening though as before devices appear connected but no traffic flows, ethernet connected PC works fine. I had to power cycle the hub to reconnect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Do you have a HH2 or a 3? The 2 can be flaky using the recommended b/g/n setting. Try setting it to b/g.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Geoff, I have HH2 and got rid of N broadcasting a week ago to no avail sadly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

this identical question has been asked by another poster or maybe the same one with another name
as per this link
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Infinity-wifi-dropping-out-but-ethernet-still-connected/td-p/1...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I saw that John, most bizarre, I am the original poster so not sure what has happened there!!

0 Ratings