Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quospice
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Infinity

Go to solution

My father in law has ordered infinity and bt vision. He has been told an engineer visit is not required. I thought an SSFP had to be fitted which means an engineer has to visit. HELP!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity

Go to solution

you can connect the router to a filter and then to master socket - just like adsl - and probably how he connected at present

is it infinity 1 as that is now self install

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
quospice
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

He has never had internet before. He ordered Infinity extra and calls.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I think that is infinity 1 up to 38mb

You will get the hh5 and a couple of filters. You then connect one of the filters into the master socket and then conenct the router to the filter and you are finished. Any other sockets in use will need a filter including SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
This may help. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47225/~/help-with-setting-up-bt-infinity-yourself

0 Ratings