Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Infinity1 connection dropped to <5mbit Durham

Hi,

Just wanted to raise what looks like another issue with speed in the evening.   I've only been on this cabinet for a week after moving home, but I came from the next local cabinet on the same exchange (Durham)

Sync speeds are expected and during the daya and late night, my speeds are good, but in the evening 8ish-11/12am they are plummenting down to <5Mbit

Will call the service desk tomorrow to raise but is there anything else that I can do.  It looks like contention of the cabinet but looking at the forum, this looks to be sudden occurance across a number of areas.  Is this symptomatic of another fault?

Incidently, my uptime is as such because I restarted the router to see if this resolved the issue.

Graham

stats.JPG

speed.JPG

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity1 connection dropped to <5mbit Durham

Hi grahamh,

Sorry about the delay getting back to you, those tests show there a throughput issue with your connection speed and it would need to be investigated further to find out the the cause.  Did you get this reported? Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity1 connection dropped to <5mbit Durham

Hi,  

I've logged a fault to get it investigated further however, however I have to say I'm far from confident of a resolution in the short term.  It is typical contention behaviour and have seen this drag on for weeks and months

I signed up ahead of moving from my old property and took the opportunity to move from Sky which has been rock solid on the same exchange for the last 3 years.  Because of this, my activation date was past the 14day cooling off period and I've been told I can't cancel without incurring fees.

This is far from fit for purpose both from a leisure point of view; gaming, browsing, netflix etc and also from a work point of view as I do regular work from home in the evenings or at least would if this worked as it should.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.  A service can't be sold that is usable only outside of evenings and weekends.

I'm quite aware that headline speeds are just that and performance can vary but this is unacceptable

sunday 18-26.JPG

0 Ratings