cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xup
Aspiring Contributor
1,421 Views
Message 21 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

As I see it....if you recontract on Infinity1 at up to 76Mb, they can't set your cap at under 76Mb.

 

Makes no difference if your line in only capable of 10Mb they still need to set the cap at 76Mb or it is not an up to 76Mb service, whether your line can make use of it or not!.

 

 

+Merry Xmas 🙂

0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
1,373 Views
Message 22 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

I am in the same position, it read as the others up to 76M. Strangely enough everyone who was on Infinity 1 should have automatically been upgraded to 76MB in Sept/Oct.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra....

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,352 Views
Message 23 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M


@stevewest1 wrote:

I am in the same position, it read as the others up to 76M. Strangely enough everyone who was on Infinity 1 should have automatically been upgraded to 76MB in Sept/Oct.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra....


Not everybody is/was eligible to be "upgraded"

 

Some information that was posted by the forum moderators about the "free" upgrade 

 

 

Who's eligible?

We'll only upgrade existing Infinity1 customers who'll see a benefit in their speed. Some are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support.

 

Who's not eligible?

There's been some confusion around who'll be getting the speed boost. Many BT Infinity 1 customers will receive a Speed Boost but here are details of who’s not eligible:

 

     >Customers who are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support, and who won't benefit from increased speed.

 

     >New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September.

 

     >Infinity2 customers who call in to downgrade their service to Infinity 52mbps.

0 Ratings
raybh
Contributor
1,342 Views
Message 24 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

You or someone else keeps posting this if you look at the op he gives his line stats and his line is easily capable plus when we recontacted we were told as the screen shots show infinity 1 up to 76 meg and as a previous poster said if your promised up to 76 meg you should get it or at least have an explanation from bt as to why not
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,331 Views
Message 25 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M


@raybh wrote:
You or someone else keeps posting this if you look at the op he gives his line stats and his line is easily capable plus when we recontacted we were told as the screen shots show infinity 1 up to 76 meg and as a previous poster said if your promised up to 76 meg you should get it or at least have an explanation from bt as to why not

If you read my post correctly you will see that I was responding to the comment that stevewest1 posted where he said "Strangely enough everyone who was on Infinity 1 should have automatically been upgraded to 76MB in Sept/Oct."

 

It was not in response to the OP's problem as you have indicated.

0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
1,316 Views
Message 26 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

 
0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
1,306 Views
Message 27 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M


@gg30340 wrote:

@stevewest1 wrote:

I am in the same position, it read as the others up to 76M. Strangely enough everyone who was on Infinity 1 should have automatically been upgraded to 76MB in Sept/Oct.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra....


Not everybody is/was eligible to be "upgraded"

 

Some information that was posted by the forum moderators about the "free" upgrade 

 

 

Who's eligible?

We'll only upgrade existing Infinity1 customers who'll see a benefit in their speed. Some are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support.

 

Who's not eligible?

There's been some confusion around who'll be getting the speed boost. Many BT Infinity 1 customers will receive a Speed Boost but here are details of who’s not eligible:

 

     >Customers who are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support, and who won't benefit from increased speed.

 

     >New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September.

 

     >Infinity2 customers who call in to downgrade their service to Infinity 52mbps.


Presumably I won't see any benefit but when I go to the BT site as a new customer I can get 80Mb also when I log in to BT for being a loyal customer for £2.50 a month I can get 76MB.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,300 Views
Message 28 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

The product is sold as the 80/20 package but because of line overheads etc your actual speed will be below that. If you are able to get the very best out of the line this would be about 78Mbps.

 

If you could get 76Mbps you would never notice the difference between 78Mbps and 76Mbps without using a speed test.

 

EDIT: I see that BT are now selling Infinity 2 as speeds "Up to" 76Mbps

 

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/

0 Ratings
_i
Contributor
1,236 Views
Message 29 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

So what is the point in paying extra for infinity 2 now? 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,221 Views
Message 30 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

If you have been upgraded, none. However , any new customers since the 28th September won't get the upgrade though.

0 Ratings