cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drcrowther
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity1 vs Infinity2

Last week I was on Infinity1 @ 32meg now on Infinity2 @ 29-31meg. Was I wrong to expect the upgrade would give me higher download speeds?. Also, everytime I use 'bt broadband speed checker' it says there is a fault with BT. Beginning to wish I had stayed with Infinity1.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity1 vs Infinity2

Yes, the speed is not "pro rata". So if you're not hitting the 55meg limit of Infinity 1 then you'll never see an increase on infinity 2.

They're the same service from the cabinet with the only difference that Infinity 1 has a 55meg downstream and 10meg upstream cap, and Infinity 2 is an 80meg down and 20meg up cap.

If you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com it will tell you the speed range expected for your line. If it's not greater than 55meg there's no point in having Infinity 2.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Infinity2 has 500Gb of cloud storgae

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Yeah but that's not likely to be worth the additional premium that is charged for infinity 2 over Infinity 1.

Cloud storage is very very cheap.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings