cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Infinity2: tweaks?

Recently got upgraded to Infinity 2 and its come in more or less at the expected speed of 60mb up and a little less at 15mb down rather than 20mb. So, during the first 10 days, is that speed likely to go up? Have others started on the predicted speed only to see an increase?

Also, my last provider was more than happy to tweak settings for you, often squeezing more out of the line. I assume this isn't something BT do as rule and there’s no manual settings anywhere to do the same?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity2: tweaks?

During the 10 days your speed should go up effectively yes, B.T won't tweak or do anything to your line during these 10 days unless necessary. User across the forum have seen their speeds go up during the 10 day process as well.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the answer - I assume BT start at the expected speed, see if its stable then slowly increase from there? 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 10

Yea possibly, some people have the increased speeds some don't, kinda weird how it works, but nothing to worry as of yet, if things don't get better after the 10 days, come back and we will be more than happy to help 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Actually 90% of the time your speed goes down in the first few days as it stablises. It is normally fastest when it is first enabled on the line, then as it realises there are errors or re-syncs, it applies interleaving or reduced speed as appropriate to stabilise.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 10

It would be DLM rather than interleaving reducing speeds, interleaving just re-corrects the errors on the line.

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Sorry, you are right about interleaving. I just meant that when running speedtest.net, people may notice changes to their pings and speed.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 10

Yea interleaving will more so only increase ping time, since the errors are being re-corrected and the information is sent at a slower pace, shouldn't do nothing to their speeds though.
0 Ratings
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for the replies! On a slightly different note, I noticed the other day that a new cabinet has sprung up (I think) much closer to my home. Would BT move my connection to that cabinet if I ask?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 10

I doubt it mate, cabinets are attached by postcode so they can narrow down people's lines etc. They may do it for you, but at a costly charge!
0 Ratings