cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texas_Gore
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity2 upload - HH3 problem

It's been a week since having Infinity2 installed and I was informed I was synched at 80/20.

However, speed tests at BTW and speedtest.net indicated that while download is within expected range (73-75Mbps), upload, when using HH3, only ever reaches 9Mbps at best.

I expected a bit of "settling in" and so left it for a few days, until day 5, when I came accross a couple of threads in this forum stating that others had similar issues until they replaced their HH3.

Although I would rather have an all-in-one sollution modem and router, I cannot afford the outlay currently, and so I went for a TP-Link WR841N to replace the HH3.

Speed tests on BTW and speedtest.net with the WR841N immediately showed improvement in upload at 15-16Mbps, and small improvement in download at 74-76Mbps.

So, it seems there is *some* issue with the provided hardware in the HH3 - hardware or firmware? - I suspect firmware, although I am no expert 🙂

I wonder if the HH3 was at fault for my non-Infinity2 ADSL issues..

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity2 upload - HH3 problem

the BT speedtest seems to read low most of the time
0 Ratings
BluLuke
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I had exactly the same problem did you have the home hub 3 with normal ADSL broadband? If so and you havnt got a new home hub 3 with infinity do a full reset of the hub and my upload speed went from 9Mb to 17-18Mb
0 Ratings
Texas_Gore
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I did have the HH3 with standard ADSL and I performed a full factory reset when Infinity2 was installed.

0 Ratings