Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity4 Installation Nightmare

Go to solution

I've had a nightmare of an installation with BT FTTP.

Order placed in April, installation set for May, on due date BT said there was a fault on the new fibre network so they just connected the old copper line which had been disconnected for several years ( I had been using mobile data since it was faster than the old copper line).

Fault was fixed in June, engineer turned up to do a Light Test and supposedly gave the Ok for another installation attempt.

Due date arrived, 3rd July, engineer turn up, I'm expecting ONT and battery unit because that's what I'd been told on the phone by BT the previous Friday, he says he's just doing another Light Test, carries out test and leaves. Engineer then apparently signs off the job as complete and closes order.

So I ring up BT and say installation has not happened, I get through to a manager and he's livid, supposedly spends 2 hours on the phone to engineers asking them why they have closed the order without fitting the ONT.

Manager phones back on Wednesday offering another installation appointment on Thursday afternoon. Engineer turns up, explains it has been difficult for him to get equipment released after previous engineer had closed job. He fits ONT but does not have a battery unit for me.

So eventually up and running with Internet access but my account still does not show that I have a broadband package so I can't access the extras I'm paying for, particularly the 500GB BT Cloud service. 

For the pleasure of all this hassle BT have also raised an invoice for £198 on my account and when I claimed my rewards card it has turned out to be £75 and not the £120 on offer when I placed my order in April.

BT just don't get ant better do they?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity4 Installation Nightmare

Go to solution
You only really need the BBU if you're getting FVA, Fibre Voice Access.

In the event of a power cut the BBU will provide enough power for a few hours for the FVA but the Broadband won't work at all.

Also unless you have an old corded then a cordless one will be no use anyway as that needs mains power.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Ok fianlly got this all sorted thanks to Robbie from BT who has been in regular contact via phone and text.

Thanks Robbie.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @jsp21c Thanks for posting back and good to hear that Robbie was able to get this sorted for you. I'll make sure your thanks are passed on.

Cheers

John.

0 Ratings