We have put together a short survey to capture your feedback in terms of what BT can do when you experience home Wi-Fi issues. We would appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete a short survey. Read more from here, Fix my home Wi-Fi
Had infinity installed back in November, after a few issue s everything seemed resolved I/P and max speed used to vary between 45/47. speeds used to vary wirelesly between 42/49. now since the end of Feb its all over the place. speeds go as low as 10 and go up to about 41. The I/P and max speed have also dropped to about 40/41.
Also the wireless connection some evenings can be impossable to use, (nothings changed) Have been in touch with BT,
they have run tests but have come up with nothing.
Managed to get a half decent test this morning, but still not as good as it was
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding
and its up and down all the time.
might be silly asking this but is your hub set to smart wireless? because i found when its looking for best channel sometimes it can throw you onto a busy channel by mistake or just keep hopping between channels and this kinda makes the connection unstable.
i set mine to a certain channel and seems to be much better 🙂
for eg 2.4ghz to channel 11 and 5ghz to channel 48, these are just examples of course
No it is set to channel 1 most houses in my street seem to be on it, but no other channel seems to work very well, there was no issue until the end of Feb, it was really stable, between 42/49 wireless or Ethernet, I was talking to one of the stage two team this morning and she thinks there could be an issue with the install as there is no Cable going to the internet part of the master socket it piggybacks off an old BT phone extension splitter, so in other words both the phone and the internet cable go in to the phone part of the master socket.
Its the RJ11 connector I don't have. Just the twin pair in to the back of a two way phone splitter. Don't know if this would cause the problem or not as its been working very well for quite a while.
Can't access the links you sent me. Thanks for trying though.