Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Inlaws moved in, no Broadband so far

Hell all,

Very sorry to bother you with this email but my Parents-in-law have just moved to their new house last week with the hopes of having BT broadband ready on the day. However it has now been a week without broadband and constant struggle with BT Support team who clearly do not seem to know what is wrong.     

The order was originally placed on the 16th June

Their move in date was Friday 3rd July

The fault was initially raised on Saturday 4th July, where they had to constantly chased BT Support as nobody ever called them back and having to constantly go through the exact same troubleshooting steps every time they called BT.

They phoned up on Monday 6th July and was finally told it should be fixed on Thursday 9th July however after 1600 on Thursday 9th July they called back due to no contact from BT and now have been told it has now been escalated to 2nd tier support and should be fixed by Saturday 10th July.

BT Landline seems to be working fine however at no stage since the 3rd of July have they had any Broadband, the previous owners had BT Infinity working perfectly fine until 8AM on Friday 3rd July when BT disconnected them without warning.

Can one of the moderator's help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Inlaws moved in, no Broadband so far

Hi theroninhunter,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry that your Parent-in-laws have been without broadband since moving home.  Is their connection up and running now since you posted this?

If you're still having problems post back and I'll give you a hand from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

No, 2 engineer appointments have come and gone with no visit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

As you have not made any progress I have asked mod to post the contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi Theroninhonter,

I am sorry to hear that the engineers didn't go out as arranged. I'll be take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings