cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MentalDepravity
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Instablity on Xbox live

I have been on BT homehub for the last12 months witha 1.2mb connection,recently i havehad major issues with online gaming.I can connect to live fine and i have never had any NAT problems.I can play games for 2-3 hours fine then all of a sudden i experience MAJOR lag issues.

I have to reset the hub at least 2-3 times and turn on and off xbox live application sharing till i get a stable connection for playing games?

My question is can i set up the router settings in anyway to stop me constantly reseting? has anyone else experienced this?

At the moment i play Bc2 and Black ops,but i never really had this issue with MW2.

At all times my laptop/pc connections are fine and stable and rarely cause me any issues,and for gaming my upload/download is capped on each other device toensure i have the nessecary bandwidth available.

any help welcomed

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
MentalDepravity
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Instablity on Xbox live

i should add i have Version 8.1.H.J (Type A) firmware and homehub 2.0A

im  also using ethernet to connect my xbox

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
MentalDepravity
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 2:10:53
Downstream1,376 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.1 dB / 16.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)47.0 dB / 21.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)16.3 dBm / 12.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)232101 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)204 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)71
0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 4 of 10

For some reason the Black Ops has been a problem, my son has experienced 'some' lag playing Black Ops but disconnecting from the game then reconnecting usually solves the problem.

Looking at your router stats you should be getting a better connection than your are, but resetting will reduce your ip profile, if you run a test at http://speedtester.bt.com/ and post the results some of the more knowledgeable on here will give some advice. But constantly resetting is a no, no Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
MentalDepravity
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

The lag i expereince is not regular lag,every few seconds it causes my frame rate to drop.It is very severe.

Tried the link but it it gives me a test error,put in my fone number but it just wont work 😕

My pc/laptop is still working perfectly fine

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 6 of 10

@MentalDepravity wrote:

The lag i expereince is not regular lag,every few seconds it causes my frame rate to drop.It is very severe.

Tried the link but it it gives me a test error,put in my fone number but it just wont work 😕

My pc/laptop is still working perfectly fine

Keep trying it does have a habit of 'falling over' if it's busy....

0 Ratings
mickyrambo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

are you new to xbox live cos from exsprience when a new game comes out you allways have problems for the first few weeks i myself have been playing black ops an getting loads of lag so has my mate an he has 10 meg broadband thing is battlefield has been out for a while but the las game was prone to bad lag i use to play bc2 an didnt have any probs with it but its been  a while

0 Ratings
mickyrambo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

also i have 2 xbox running off my connection an at the min its running at 1.9 an dont have problems are you downloading while playing cos this can cause problems

0 Ratings
MentalDepravity
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

been on live with my connection for a year,havnt played BC2 in a week,its hard to tell if the lag is on your end or on the server end cause EA are cheap skates lol

When playing i make sure i have  plenty of free bandwith, 50k down and 30k up  minimum.

Played BO from 3 till 6 2day no problems,but i expect it to die if i try after 7 😕

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 10

I would suggest it the servers, they perhaps some of the cheapest servers you get and also amongst the worst, welcome to franchise gaming. If your are experiencing this for the first time from EAs newsest Call of duty you are very lucky. Its a cash cow franchise.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings