cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Install in new build

Sorry not sure if this is the right place, im moving into a new build property in a few days. Ive been told that they will have to connect me to ADSL first before they can connect me to fibre.

Strange thing in the property there are phone sockets in nearly every room, but no NTE5 Master Socket, does anyone know if the enginer will install one in the property?

Also noticed this note on the move order, not sure what it means? (Advised customer of internal DP.,Hill builders (base SE17) ive looked around the house and can only see basic phone sockets.

Ive noticed i will be connecting to the same cabinet as i do atm so i take it getting fiber back wont be an issue.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Install in new build

It all depends what the developer have asked of and paid Openreach for.

If you're on the same cab, then line length dependant you should have no issues getting fibre.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Is it a house or block of flats, most blocks of flats have an Internal DP (the box on top of a telegraph pole). Usually they're on the ground floor where all the other utilities come in.

Ref to the NTE, Builders are supplied with them as Openreach pay them to install the Network Equipment, all Openreach do is the underground cabling and jointing.

Some builders like to use cheap decorative faceplates though. Or perhaps the builder who was tasked with fitting the NTE's stole them to flog on an auction site because he knows there are idiots out there willing to pay excessive amounts of money for them.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Looks like the DP must be a small grey/brown box by the frontdoor with a BT logo on it, as for the lack of an NTE i take it i need the enginere to install it as its all cheap faceplates.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Is it a house? Said small grey box might just be the BT66b or Capping 101a. If it is that just shields the UG cable that goes to the DP, wherever or whatever type that may be.

But when the Engineer comes he can identify what LJU is the first in the chain and change it for an NTE. If you're lucky you'll get one of those **bleep**ty new 5c ones that are monumental waste of money and if you're really lucky you'll get one where the faceplate doesn't fall off all the time!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

This is a new house and i just looked up the BT66b and Capping 101a it does have both outside, capping 101a leading into the BT66b.

As for the loction of the master socket im hoping its up stairs as we cant do anything with the walls for 12 months, but im sure they can convert one up stairs into the master. As for the new NTE boxes i take it worth while dropping the hint for one.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Depends if he still has any 5a's on the van. There's nothing special about the new 5c, they were just designed to be tooless but they are absolute dog **bleep**.

There's massive problems with the IDC connectors for the extensions. They're supposed to take two cables but can't so instead Engineers are having to use 3 way crimps to connect them up. Also the clips on the MK4 SSFP's keep coming loose.

Why they got rid of the 5a God only knows but I'm sure someone somewhere got paid a lot of money for it!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

John25Roberts think ill be taking my NTE5 with me as a backup.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go for it. Then when the person who moves into your old house Openreach get to charge them for damage to the Network. All profit.
0 Ratings