Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian1963
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Installation Address does not Match Billing Address Serious Issue

Hi All

I have lived at my current address for 51 years and the phone was originally installed by the Post Office long before BT.

About 10 years ago I signed up to view the Bill online and pay by Direct Debit. At some point I noticed the address on the Bill online had suddenly changed to North Hyde Lane rather than North Drive. The street Number was the same but the postcode was totally different as well.

I contacted BT at the time and they corrected the address on the Bill, but could not explain why this happened.I subsequently had Engineers going to the wrong address and phoning to get directions!! The transfer from paper to computer clearly was cocked up at some point and the address incorrectly entered by BT.

Now that I want to change to Plusnet (which is part of BT) this is turning into a nighmare . Plusnet said that BT need to correct the wrong installation address to the Billing Address and this needed to be changed by BT otherwise they could not help.

Speaking with BT Customer Service is like talking to people who cannot understand BT could make such a mistake and there is a condescending manner which assumes you as the customer are wrong. I spoke 10 days ago and was told they would update their records and nothing happened  .Today I spoke to a Manager after complaining and she refused to confirm to me what address they actually showed as the installation address for my own phone!!!!  Nor could they imagine their records might be wrong due to their own clerical mistake.I was told the installation address could not be wrong? She said she would try and help with the change , but this is an unresolved problem that I am not sure will ever get correct with offshore Customer Care . 

Can anyone help?

Thanks- Ian

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DavidM
Message 2 of 7

Re: Installation Address does not Match Billing Address Serious Issue

Hi ian1963 and welcome.

I can  help with this if you wish. Send me an email with your details, including the full correct address and post code. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Jackieshanahan
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi, we have the same problem which has caused so much hassle and wasted time. In spite of being told several times that this had been sorted, there is still an incorrect installation address attached to our account. We have lived in our house for 18 years with the same phone number. Today, I have been told that this has been sorted again - I am trying to order a sim free package online but the SIM card would be sent to the incorrect address. I was told to wait a couple of hours as the changes have to be made via Openreach but I have waited and that incorrect address is still showing. Please help! I need to get this incorrect address removed Asaph. Thanks.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 7

Hi Jackieshanahan and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the address matching. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me an email with your details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
AlbertRoss
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hello

I too have the same problem. Since June I have spoken with BT six times and each time have been told the mismatch with the installation address would be rectified within 48 hours to, but nothing happens. Whilst all the  advisers appeared to be helpful, it seems once the phone goes down the matter is forgotten.

I cannot manage my account as BT say my phone number is not registered to the address I am quoting. Is anyone able to advise what I can do next to restore my sanity please ?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 7

@AlbertRoss wrote:

Hello

I too have the same problem. Since June I have spoken with BT six times and each time have been told the mismatch with the installation address would be rectified within 48 hours to, but nothing happens. Whilst all the  advisers appeared to be helpful, it seems once the phone goes down the matter is forgotten.

I cannot manage my account as BT say my phone number is not registered to the address I am quoting. Is anyone able to advise what I can do next to restore my sanity please ?

Hi AlbertRoss,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry that we have not sorted this issue out, I can imagine it must be extremely frustrating.  Not to worry I am confident that we can help.  

Can you please drop me an email and include as many details as you can to allow me to locate your account.  Once we have this we can get the ball moving.  We will take full ownership of your complaint until its fully sorted, so you wont need to worry about calling in constantly Smiley Happy  You will find our contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile, just click on my username (@SeanD).

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings