cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daviee
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Installation, Phone Activation and Brodband activation date has passed and not even a dial tone

Hi, my parents ordered infinity and a landline about a month ago, they had a call from an engineer about a week after the orderbeing placed stating he had connected the line to the cabinet and that he would visit on the due date, 7th of June, I stayed in for themas they were at work but he never arrived, when my dad contacted regarding the engineer he was told there was no need for an engineer visit as the house already had fibre installed previously ( they had Sky fibre prior) and that the Broadband would come on by midnight.

Well midnight passed and not only the Broadband isnt working theres not even a dial tone.

In my dads account (account holder) this message is displayed.

We're sorry, your order has been delayed

We're sorry there may be a delay with your order. We'll let you know if this affects your service. You can track the progress in the timeline below.

What will happen
Our engineer will install your phone line and then set up your broadband

Under My phone it says

Your phone line was due to be installed on

7 Jun 2017

The phone number allocated is not recognised by BT either

and under Broadband status it shows a green tick next to activation and the address nothing else yet clearly the broadband cant work when theres noactive phone line.

The smart hub is just flashing putrple since the advisor told him to plug it in.I have checked capacity on the bt wholesale website and it lists all categories available for their address, so Im not sure what the problem is.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Installation, Phone Activation and Brodband activation date has passed and not even a dial tone

@daviee I'm sorry about the delay getting your parents line and broadband switched on. If you get in touch with the orders team on this link they'll let you know what's happening. 

0 Ratings
daviee
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Installation, Phone Activation and Brodband activation date has passed and not even a dial tone

Well, they contacted BT and were told there was a routing problem and that the line would be fixed in 48 hours, now they told them today that the line will be installed at the end of june, so they are going to phone up and cancel as this is rediculous, first they waited 3 weeks for an engineer, he doesnt turn up after I wait in all day for him, they say he didn't come because one wasn't needed but th broadband will be activated by midnight and now they are being told online its the end of June, not once anyone contacted them, but when they contacted were fed one lie after another absolutey no regard for customers.

Worst service ever.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 4

Hi @daviee

Thanks for posting back and for taking the time to speak with my colleagues on live chat.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to connect service for your Parents.  I can fully appreciate the frustration due to the time this is taking and that your Parents are on the verge of cancelling the order due to the extended delay.

If you're happy to give us the opportunity to help sort this out we can get an understanding of what the issue is and help get your Parents connected.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

When you send the details over you'll join our email queue and as soon as you reach the top of the queue one of the guys will give you a shout back.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings