cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Installation help

can somebody please help me.  I've read so many poor service messages re BT and customer services. I have moved to a village with communications that's are best described as 'the dark ages' no mobile signal, open wifi.  Have switched everything to BT mobile, land line, BB and tv.  All booked for install. They came couldn't install, "open reach had routed line to wrong exchange" a common issue I've since found.  Since then radio silence.  Over 10 days, hours upon hours of calls, live chat and Twitter attempts. Over 40 different colleagues passing me from pillar to post.  I am exhausted with it all.  We still have no means of communications. Boys doing a levels and o levels needing Internet for research and on line studies, wife needing Comms for father in hospital. #BTCare actually BTDon'tCare. Can anyone advise as to whom one can contact to get a solution? The never ending notsomerrygoround of the IVR system seems to have lost its fun now after speaking with goodness knows how many people who can't get beyond asking my my name account number and confirmation that I am the account holder.  Then all they do is confirm what I already know and promise a call back.  To date only 1 call back to advise that my line has been routed to the wrong exchange and they are "working on it".  It took a day to get it wrong and now weeks to put it right?  Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.  Regards, the sad man who is sitting in Grewelthorpe cafe for most of his life using their internet!  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Installation help

Try the  Order Live Chat Team

Please update this thread with the result.

Its Openreach that provide the connections, so perhaps there is a shortage of line plant?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Installation help

Hi @PJB100,

Please follow the advice @Keith_Beddoe gave you and contact the order team.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings