cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

I didnt see your reply John, will the snr drop though? or will i need another reset?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 85

boe you have an obsession with a stuck profile you are not stuck moving is unlikely to do anything as your problem is connection based still if you want to move that is your choice but read the small print before you move it could cost you cancellation charges also check your new providers package does not restrict your usage
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 85

Ive done some checking and if you choose premium/pro on LLU connection theres no restriction at all, i just want to get rid of the profiling system, at least then if my connection develops a fault then it will be down to the connection, and soon as the fault is sorted im back to what ever, what ever i can get through my line is what ill get, there shouldnt be anything in between deciding whats best and what i can have so to speak.Maybe ill change my mind again, at the moment ive had enough of BT.Im not concerned about my profile being stuck, but im sure the exchange or human as banded me again, because since it dropped connection and resynced at 11meg, thats what ive stayed at, all the disconnects after are exactly the same sync rate and ip profile, surely it would carry on dropping each time the snr got higher on each drop out or even raise as im supposed to be rate adaptive

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 85

They still profile just in a slightly different way if you look at the kitz site you will see the fact that the speeds are very close now the 88.2% bt profile system is in use also remember the connection is still maintained by openreach there is no change there and it is still the same copper pair and the same wiring in your home so any faults there will follow you
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 85

Ive done another speed check with o2 and it now reports that i can only have 9meg, i dont get it, last time i checked it was 12.5meg minimum, so does this mean that theres is actually some kind of fault that bt wont aknowledge like we suggested in the first place, o2's line checker is now saying im only fit for 9meg?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 85

checkers are estimates always have been always will be they are dependant on line data and that varies all the time
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 85

Any theories as to why rate adaptave isnt working, i thought i was rate adapative, if this is the case why isnt it taking the spare snr and using it as speed? or am i missing something here?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 85

as i have said before you are on a rate adaptive service what is your current noise margin but please stop worrying it will resolve its self if left alone
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 85

Current SNR down is 8db which is about right for the speed ive lost, its around 3db per 1200kbps or close to it, i was 12.53meg, at the moment its 11meg sync speed, i didnt think you had to wait on the new 88.2 system, have i got my information wrong?, do i still have to wait a few days?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 85

run a bt speed test and post it back here and we can tell then if all is ok
0 Ratings