cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

heres bt speedtest, ive been getting crazy imposiblespeedson speedtest.net, speeds like 12meg sometimes more or less

10/21/2011 11:45 PM GMT109.151.29.14111.46 Mb/s0.93 Mb/s15 msManchester~ 50 mi

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript">// paintProgressAndMessageOnBar(100,"The test has successfully completed" ); // </script> Test1 comprises of two tests
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 9433 Kbps

0 Kbps21000 Kbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 9433 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4000-21000 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :11320 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1171 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 9987 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 909 Kbps

0 Kbps1171 Kbps Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 909 Kbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1171 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time. It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly. If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 85

I unplugged the cable from the ethernet port before i went to to bed, ive got up early, and my router as no signs of motive so either im going to have to wait till next week to find out if its an update check or ive managed to cure it by taking the ethernet cable out each time i switch of the pc, so far its up 18 hours and no sign of motive acs username or default username or ant periodic bull.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 85

sorry for all the posts, ive just swapped the A-B wire over and back again and now i have 12.81meg and my snr is still high work that out. I think i have a dodgy mastersocket, which was the very first thing i said when they replaced it if you remember, the voltage resistor must be duff and causing me problems, is it possible?

homeservicessettingstroubleshooting
Wireless Broadband Home Network Port Forwarding System Basic Settings
Internet Connection VPN Dynamic DNS
ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:10:10
Downstream:12.81 Mbps
Upstream:1.129 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):8.7 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):29.1 dB / 13.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.4 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):21 / 7
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):59 / 1
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):744 / 200

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 85

so sorry for the mess up with the stats fitting properly,use the scroll bar at bottom

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 85

Boe,
I really don't see what else you want us to suggest you do? I mean you seem to have tried everything already, and have you kept Desktop Help of your computer?
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 26 of 85

In answer to your last specific question, yes it is possible to have a dodgy master socket, I have had several NTE5 replaced, mostlly for no good reason but on one occassion it was so clearly broken (by line surges) that incoming calls stopped working (broadband and outgoing calls were fine).

All electronics can break and also it is possible for the connectors in the test socket to wear down from overuse after many years if you swap the faceplate often enough etc so intermittent or permamnent issues can happen.

It's a cheap fix so probably why a lot of engineers try that rather than actually bothering to check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 85

Yes desktop help is uninstalled, there is still something related to it somewhere which i just cannot find, but at least so far theres no sign of motive on the router, ill just keep unplugging the ethernet, and it looks like i need the master socket changing,i know an old derelict house i can get one from lol(just kidding mods)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 85

boe my suggestion would be re install your operating system and all other programmes you have on your pc and then NEVER DELETE RESTORE POINTS as they are a life saver then get the master socket sorted out and then finally stop fiddling with things and leave the connection alone to settle and just get on with your internet activities
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 29 of 85

Before installing a OS I woud make sure that you have cleaned up the registry and deleted anything BT deskyop related.

Acronis used to do a decent free registry cleaner and I know others do as well., worth trying before reinstalling the OS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 85

raymie i was thinking of a complete clean re install nor a repair eg wiping the hard drive
0 Ratings