cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 31 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

Yes I know but that is a very draconian solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 85

I use a program Revo Uninstaller when I know there are remnants of a profram I cannot get at with remove programs.  This searches out all links from the program you specify and then deletes them.  Works really well - at least it does for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 85

Im just going to keep pulling out the ethernet for now, im currently saving for corei7 2700k and the sniper 2 motherboard, so i might aswell get a new faster harddrive, like ssd or a raptor. Going to take a while though, probably christmas time unless my old man helps out. As far as i know, it might be the pulling out of the ethernet over night that sorted the problem,i hope not,but doesnt matter im getting a new mobo, still going to sort the mastersocket though, so when i do actually change over i,ll have a core i7 950 not overclocked or overheated and a gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r re2 for grabs

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 34 of 85

can't see that pulling out the cable woudl make any difference but why not just update the firewall rules on the PC to block all the motive sites?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 85

I think i,ve stopped or its stopped the communication, upnp no longer starts up on manual setting like it did before so theres no ports being created on the hub, and theres still no sign of anything related to motive,i remember now why i always throw the cds away that come with the hardware i buy or get given lol, everything is just bloatware or discuised comercial malware that screws up your computer so that you have to carry on using **bleep** to keep your os running, after installing you cant uninstall or the pc is nacked, im still pulling out the ethernet for a few more days just to see if desktop help was the cause, but thinking about it, the ethernet card should be powered down anyway and the hub should know when its powered down,if it doesnt then theres a firmware fault with all of the hub3's and maybe even hb2's.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 85

What would cause the response rate to from 35 to 48, it was 35 after i swapped wires and swapped them back, not long ago did the 17070 3 option and its now 48, any ideas?, do i have a line fault? or is it that **bleep** mastersocket?, should i ring 151 and explain that theres hissing in the background on the telephone and that he response rate is geting slower?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 85

If there is hissing on your line then report it to Line Faults. Although take a screen shot of your stats! now just to show the engineer! For proof.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 85

Did i post anything on this website that can be used to link to my hub3?, for last few hours ive been getting my normal upload speed, no fluctuation what so ever on upload, but for down load speed ive been getting aroun 400kbps to 3meg, ive turned of upnp portforwarding and my down load speed just shot staight back up to 11.5 meg, no fluctuating, this is to much of a coincidence for it to go right exactly the same time as turning of upnp, someones nicking my bandwidth, can ayone come up with another explanation? i think they have a workaround for bts so called fix for that exploitin the hhb3, if my line was playing up for the last few hourswhy wasnt the upload affected, i know you guys think im nuts, and its one problem after another but im not making any of these things up, the story of my life is nothing runs or works properly ever, everything i buy is dodgy, im just one of those people that nothing ever goes right

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 85

Just  a quick note,if its true that someone hooked into my hub and your reading this, your not getting anymore bandwitdth im not using or turning upnp, and i am changing back to hhb2

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 85

this was what i was getting till i turned of upnp

Today 23:032862 kbps (358kB/s)927 kbps (116kB/s)
0 Ratings