cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

I would simply put it down to general Internet usage and a small amount of exchange congestion absolutely nothing to worry about at all and certainly nothing to do with your hardware or any one using your bandwidth
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 85

I just find that way to much of a coincidence, i was watching the download speed on speetest.net, turned of upnp and it shot straight up. Ive ran a virus check and that didnt find anything. Im going to get that socket sorted out and go back to hhb2, i had a lot lot less problems with it and that was the hub that synced at 16meg for a few weeks,then things started playing up again, i think ill stamp on the hhb3 so i cant use it anymore.Cant go with o2 anymore either, there line checker reports 9meg now instead of 12.5meg, im not changing to something lower

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 85

Regarding message #3 - From my understanding, this is the hub checking for any updates for the firmware and nothing to do with BTDH. I don't have BTDH installed on any of my machines, though have seen the same - http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Inside-the-Hub3/m-p/160645#M3055

Also, to fully remove BTDH:
Click start - All programs - BT Broadband Desktop Help - Uninstall (also look in add/remove programs)

Open task manager, check and if found:
remove BTHelpNotifier.exe
remove McciServiceHost.exe
remove McciTrayApp.exe
stop McciCMService.exe in services (control panel - Administrative Tools - Services)

In registry, delete the following (start - Run - Regedit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motive
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive

Restart your PC

Also, after fully uninstalling BTDH, have a read 😞 - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Broadband-Desktop-Help-automatic-data-collection/m-p/56566

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 85

**bleep**, im always forgetting stuff, i was going to say that theres a new service out now called onlive, for people to plat there favourate games, you need no less than 3meg for it to work, it could possibly be down to everyone playing games on this onlive thing, it does give you 3months free bandwith to use that doesnt show on your usage, im playing it safe and leaving upnp off though.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 85

Sorry didnt see post, thanks im going to look now to see if ive got it all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 85

As DS has posted the the log data you are refering to is the hub looking for updates so is therefore nothing to worry about at all
As I havesaid before Boe stop worrying and just use the connexion as anyone normally would forget the speedtesters hub stats and any thing about the technical side of things and just use the service as it is designed for for web browsing gaming etc there are no conspiracies secret users or any thing else you have a good connectionjust enjoy it and please stop worrying before it becomes an obsession
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 85

i thik its too late lol,in your opinian, should i use the hhb2 or hhb3? note the home hub2raises he line attenuation by 5db,and you can here it buzzing on the phone line,thisis the only reason i stoped using it, but the hhb2 is the only one that ive been ble to sync at 16meg. I do know i need to wait 3 or 4 days just so the eschange knows im stable before swaping.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 85

leave the hh3 there changing it will bring back all the old problems please forget the obsession with speed your line will improve if you leave things alone and stop playing with things as we have told you before many times now
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 85

Im really trying to stop messing, honest, evrytime i think,ah its ok now, something goes wrong, either my hub disconnects, my snr dissapears, can only get around 400kbps on a 12.8meg sync, high sync rate dissapears, cant connect at all to the hub, or everything reads fine but i just cannot get on the internet because thers no speed at all lol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 85

boe if you leave everything alone every one gets an odd disconnect now and again you will not keep upsetting your connection ever thing will work normally the network gets busy occasionally and speed slow down network problems happen that can cause losses of service and speed just be a little patient while things get back to normal it is not always your equipment i have to be honest with you if you were paying for advice you wouldhave stopped by now as you would have been bankrupt by now
0 Ratings