cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

Haha,thats true, i have one more question for you, i havnt been messing, i just rang 17070 and option 3, a few days ago the line response time was 35 seconds, last night i couldnt get on the net so i rang it again, the line response time was 76 seconds, and today its 56 seconds, seems what ever it is is getting worse even in the day now, what makes the line response time csrew up? is it noise? i have and constant hiss in the background on the telephone,been there for a long long time, i dont know if its normal,its not very loud but does get worse at night

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 85

Also i had no choice but to resync my hub because it just couldnt cope with 12.5meg at that line response time, 70 seconds is like double the distance from the exchange or even further, seems that my house is moving away lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 85

post edited by poste answer in next post 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 85

ok that is nothing to worry about that is the response time for an engineer to get ringback to his mobile when carrying out option 3 tests
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 85

as to line noise it should be silent only a slight low level hum if using a cordless phone
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 85

I have an engineer booked for the telephone line, i just hope he says theres a problem, or ther charging me 130 pound, if this happens they wont get a penny and ill be leaving bt, because ill probably get cut off lol. There is definatley a continuas hiss in the background, and on some occasions the other person will cut in and out fast like amobile phone loosing signal, but only sometimes so i never reported ituntil now, and of course it wont happen when the engineer is here lol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 85

hi remember non payment is a bad idea as you will not get service from any other provider and you will get a bad credit rating
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 85

as usuall, the hissing i can hear is normal according to the engineer, hes gine to the cabinet, iv had no broad band for half hour, hoping hed found a problem, but im now syncing less than when he started, typical. Looks like im being charged, he said he was going to come back so ill try and get the masatersocket replaced at least because i know thats faulty, it better be goldplated for 130 pound lol

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 85

Get him to install a filtered faceplate! And if your gonna get charged then get him to check all the internal wiring and if necessary replace it.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 60 of 85

You really should not get charged, they can see that there is an intermittent issue by the adsl logs (they can tell the resets you do apart from other ones) and youjust keep mentioning that the issue is intermittent.

You should only be charged if they find the issue and it is with your side of the master socket.

I have had many vists to be told that there is no issue at the time  but never been charged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings