cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

the engineer as gone and swapped the A-B wires round, again an engineer as done this, although it makes no difference at the master socket, the extensions seem to get swapped on polarity, my telephones red light now flashes when i hang up, it used to flash when lifting the reciever, it still does flash when lifting the reciever in the master socket

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 72 of 85

Interesting..

Unless I have been misinformed this is something that BT used to do more often than they do now. If the switch the A and B pairs around at sections of the line they can 'even' up the line balance but I have been told that this is seldom done now (perhaps not needed as much given more modern cable manufacture).

No idea however why they woudl do it for your line unless perhaps they suspect REIN issues and see a large difference in the line balance on the A and B legs.

Did you ask why he was doing it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 85

No, i didnt ask, i suspect that the wires that got swapped as caused the line test not to function, as i was told that there equipment failed and there going to try again tommorrow, i also found that my extension wire to my telephone had been swapped over also but not the extension to the router, anyway ive decided to put them back to text book defaults and my speed(up and down) as increased slightly, so the engineer had made things alot worse than they were, but now im back to how it was before the engineer came, sync speed and all

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 85

Just missed my my call from BT, they were going totest my line again and hpefully reset the snr,will they ring back or do i have to go through all the aer ache again?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 85

My stupid connection is locked at 9.494meg again, why are they doing this, or why is it doing this, ive swapped hubs back to 3, ive even resynced loads of times, getting then exact same sync on both hubs and after allm the resyncs, i pay for 20meg connection though i cant get that much, its not the point i dont want it locked at such a low speed, i might aswell go back to adsl max, at least i was getting 8meg download with the 8128 sync rate

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 76 of 85

If you alwatys get exactly the same sync and are on the .5 modulation then it could be that you are now in a banded profile, if it clears itself it takes 3 days I believe but may need the mods to intervene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 85

I agree with raymie67 all you resets/disconnections have resulted in your now being in a banded profile and it will take 3 days 24/7 connection to release.  you are causing the banded profile with all the resets/resyncs/changing routers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 78 of 85

I agree as well you just cannot keep playing with the connection you need to let is stabilise on its own you had a good connection at one time i suggest you restore every thing as it was and then leave it alone
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 79 of 85

thanks, ive give up, i dont care anymore, i cant play my online games, havnt been able to for a while so, stuff it, if my connection stays on for 3 days or more then i will see if it unlocks the speed, but i very much doubt it will stay connected, mods wont get in touch with me, ive sent email after email, virtually spaming them ive sent that many since last friday, so i just give up. BT havnt rang me back either for the line reset

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 80 of 85

Hi boe323,

I can see you sent us an email yesterday so it'll be picked up as soon as possible.

Please don't reset the Hub contiously as it'll definitely mess up your speed.

Stephanie
0 Ratings