cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 85

Re: Installed BT Desktop help,now PPPOA is crashing because of motive

Does anyone know how to set the dhcp ip assignment to not assign static ips on the hhb3, when i try to set the option to not always use this ip address, it just reverts back to always use this ip address on every bit of eqiupment i have connected to the hub3, i have the option so why wont it work?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 82 of 85

hi boe please leave everything alone as suggested by all of us and the mod team as they have your email and will be contacting you soon leave things till they do please even they have said it will upset your connection
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 83 of 85

@boe323 wrote:

Does anyone know how to set the dhcp ip assignment to not assign static ips on the hhb3, when i try to set the option to not always use this ip address, it just reverts back to always use this ip address on every bit of eqiupment i have connected to the hub3, i have the option so why wont it work?

I did raise this issue a while back with the BT Hub Production Team, unfortunately the established contact with them was terminated.

I would guess that:

a) this was carried over from the hub2 but was not supposed of been - it does work on the hub2 after you select yes to set the device to 'always use....' and then select no

b) the smart wifi facility overrides turning off the 'always use...' so the hub3 can not use up all the IP addresses (it has happened on the hub2 - devices dropped by the hub2 finish with multiple IP addresses issued to one device, thus no connection for that device until a reset of the hub or the device is allocated the next available IP address)

c) it should work but doesn't for another reason

You can change the IP address for any device connected without disturbing the BB connection, but it may be best to get other issues sorted first

What are you trying to do?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 85

i was trying to stop the static ip address so i could get my main pc to use the first ip in the dhcp asignment and then my wireless conection also on my main pc to get the second ip,then laptop third and so on, but i cant doit cause theyve all been asigned static, it doesnt matter,im just a neat freak, or perfectionist(what ever you want to call it), everything as to be in order and neat etc, drives me nuts when it isnt lol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 85 of 85

That's achievable with out switching the hub offSmiley Wink

And here's how:

Switch off all devices (or via the devices UI disconnect them) bar the main PC connected by Ethernet - leaving them turned off is quicker!

Via the hub manager - Devices

Click on each device in turn and you'll see the 'always use....' section, just above this you'll see the current IP address

Change the IP addresses from 192.168.1.64, .65 etc to anything above the current addresses in use, ie .164, .165 etc making sure you click apply each time.

When they are all moved, look for the main PC (Ethernet) and select .64 for it's IP address, then the main PC (wireless) to .65 and so on until you've reassigned the addresses as to how you want them - don't forget to click apply each time

Any probs as you're doing this, let us know

-+-No longer a forum member-+-