cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisHoar
Message 1 of 6

Interference fro BT Home HUb

My BT Home Hub sits below the amplifier and close to the woofer on my Bose Home Music System. There is a crackling coming form the speakers which disappears when I unplug the Hub. Is the only way to overcome this problem to move the Hub or the Music system?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Interference fro BT Home HUb

welcome to the forum

yes move one of them.  The interference from your music system must be creating noise on your hub which in turn could well be reducing your speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

There are a couple of radio transmitters within the home hub. Many home entertainment systems have poor immunity against these signals.

Moving the home hub away from the music system is really the only solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
peterw1000
Message 4 of 6

I have noticed recently that there are a few Home hubs appearing in our local area, my wireless devices seem to be picking several new BT devices, hubs, BTFON, Openzone etc. I have also noticed that my wireless network seems to have  been affected around the same time, streaming videos seem to have been affected the most. 

I wondered whether anyone else has noticed that BT devices cause interference with other wireless routers. It's funny how I've never experienced this over the last few years. But since the BT Ad on TV started to mention wireless router interference so upgrade to a BT Home Hub to solve this it makes you wonder where all this interference is coming from????? Could it be the Home Hubs themselves?

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@peterw1000 wrote:
.........it makes you wonder where all this interference is coming from????? Could it be the Home Hubs themselves?

Hi peterw1000 and welcome

Yes, more so from the hub's PSU

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

All wireless routers cause interference with other wireless routers. To get a good wifi connection, you really need the signal from your router to be by far the strongest in the place you want to receive it.

One thing you can do is change your signal to a different frequency, to avoid other strong signals. Frequency is described in channel numbers; for some reason, channel 4 is sometimes a good one because it doesn't often seem to be set up as someone's default.

There is a free program called InSSIder which will display the signal strengths over channel numbers for all the signals in your vicinity. That can help with picking a good channel number for your own router.

0 Ratings