Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenlilley124
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Intermitent BT Broadband Connection

Go to solution

Over the last few weeks we have had intermitent service on our wireless broadband occuring mainly at the weekends. However this has also occured a few times during the week. The BTHomehub screen appears on the web browsing page to say that the hub is not connected. We are usually able to reconnect briefly but the service cuts in and out regularly for the whole evening. As you can imagine it can be very disruptive and we do not understand the reason behind it. The lights on the hub all flash randomly during this time.

Does anyone have a similar problem or have any advice on how I can fix it?

Thank you - any replies are appreciated!

Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Intermitent BT Broadband Connection

Go to solution

so does your router loose connection to the internet or is it the wireless signal the laptop/pc drops.  If the latter try downloading inssider and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
If there's a message from the home hub, then it's not the wireless that's the problem - it's the broadband that's disconnected. Have you tried connecting to the test socket behind the master socket yet? If you do and the broadband still drops out, then you need to contact BT to have it looked into. If the service is fine at the master socket, then your internal wiring is suspect.
0 Ratings
iamobama
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I think so!!
0 Ratings
toni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

There is a serious problem with BT and its ability to connect my broadband..lets just say its beyond a joke now and having had weeks of intermitant connection leaves me speechless exactly what Im paying for..

The story goes like this..weeks ago me and the neighbour both using the good old fashioned telephone line for our broadband connections  fails to connect..he has joined the cable lot..while Im still having to wait for over an hour for my connection from BT every night now.. I have every respect for all human life but how on earth can I relate to someone half the way round the world talking about my local exchange and the copper wiring causing the problem..

Clearly the Industrial Revolution has by-passed BT.

Im thinking seriously about going to cable,AND for the same per month..with broadband speeds the Starship Enterprise would envy..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
toni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

And..to add insult to injury BT is pushing up prices without delivering a decent service...now that really takes the proverbial..

"The biggest home landline provider, BT, which put prices up substantially in April, is to push through a new round of increases next week.

The combined effect will boost annual income at BT, which made profits of £1billion last year, by tens of millions of pounds."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313682/Landline-levy-Charges-soar-phone-lines-millions-swit...
0 Ratings