cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ataylor643
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Intermittant good wireless down load speads.

Go to solution

I have had Infinity just over two weeks. When it was first installed om the Friday the speed jumped from @ 4Mb down & 0.15 up to 25Mb down and @ 5mb up.

Saturday was still good even when I plugged in a 10m RJ11 RJ11 extension inpreperation of moving the modem and hub to a less obvious place.

Sunday I fastened the extension to the skirting board, connected t to the socket and the modem, re-possitioned everything, and the speed has back down to 5Mb down and about the same up. Put everything back to how the engineer had left it, still 5Mb. (despite numerous restartings of modem and hub.)

Put everything back to how I wanting it, still 5Mb. Left it a couple of day to the Thursday, restarted the two pieces of kit, back up to 20Mb down @ 5 up.

Two days later back to square one.

This monday after reading on here about changinging channels I installed the BT Desktop help, ran it change to Ch 11 and up to 28Mb down 5 up, sorted.

Yesterday, 30Mb down, 6 up.

TONIGHT back down to blood 6 down and 7.8 up, even after running the desktop help to cycle through all its available channels.

HELP Please.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Intermittant good wireless down load speads.

Go to solution

It won't solve things, but will help debug them.

Install inSSIDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ on the wireless device, and look at what channels are busy.  Also, it may help you choose best site for router and device; sometimes even quite small movements can make a big difference to wireless speed/reliability.

ataylor643
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I installed InSSider as you said, I was on 11 along with BTOpenzone-H and BTFON which I take it are the open access points from my HH3. There was also a single fromm rivera . I ran BTdesktop help a couple of more times, but it always said I was on 11, although when I ran InSSider againt showed me tyo be on 6 ( along with the two access points, rivera on 11 and now a BTWiFi on 6. I ran spead check again and was up to 30 and .

Is there a more reliable way of changing the chennel, giveb that Desktop help is nit reporting the channel correctly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
you can change the channel in the homehub settings
ataylor643
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

And where are they to be found?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
ataylor643
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I forgot to say thanks very much.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

leaseRe: Intermittant good wireless down load speads.

Go to solution

Please return to this thread if you cannot solve the problem.

0 Ratings