cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Intermittent Blank Screen on Sony Bravia TV when bringing T2100 out of standby

Go to solution

There are obviously different variants of 1080p e.g. 1080/24p, 1080/50p, 18080/60p.

How do I find out what variant of 1080p the DTR-T2100 is sending at over HDMI and can it be changed?

The TV spec says it's capable of 1080/24p input: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs​/KDL-32EX403/list

I can't find the specs in the DTR-T2100 manual.

Could this be an issue?

0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Re: Intermittent Blank Screen on Sony Bravia TV when bringing T2100 out of standby

Go to solution

Interestingly, the Panasonic DMR-EX75 I have on HDMI 4 can only go up to 1080i.
Unlike the DTR-T2100, I have not got the DMR-EX75 to fail on HDMI to the Sony TV.

One of the things that rectifies a 'blank screen' failure on HDMI 1 (at 1080p) is to switch to HDMI 4, where the DMR-EX75 is, and back to HDMI 1.
It could be the switching to a 1080i device that is kicking things back to life again (pure guess work).

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

I've only had Infinity2 for a couple of weeks but I was getting the same problem (among others) with a T2100 and a Sony Bravia (notice the past tense).

I reported it to BT and an engineer called just two days later (namely today, 09/08), before he arrived I checked for the fault again and found that the system software had been updated in the early hours of this morning and I couldn't find any fault at all.

I've since spent every spare minute of the day watching out for any fault and, although it's early days, I haven't found a single one.

I've come to the conclusion that this, and other faults I was experiencing, were down  to software bugs and that this latest update has resolved them

Fingers crossed that I'm right.

0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Hi Victor 😉

Was it the sytem software on the T2100 or the Sony Bravia TV that had been updated? If it was the T2100, what is the software version now?

Good to hear it appears to have cured your problem (touch wood).

I haven't had a failure since setting the HDMI output of the T2100 from 1080p to 1080i.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution
🙂
Sorry I didn't make that clear did I, I was referring to the T2100 software.
I don't know what version it was at before the update, only that the date of the update was yesterday, so this may or may not be new to you but here goes.
Manufacturers s/w is now 17.3.0
Component s/w is now 2.4.0
Platform Configuration is 910
ISP config is 90.
Thanks for the tip on the HDMI setting, I'll check mine.
0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Mine is the same versions, except for ISP Config - where mine is 84 (My ISP is Plusnet).

I was given no chance to check the Software version prior to the upgrade as this was done automatically as part of the installation process.

0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

HDMI Output of DTR-T2100 has been set at 1080i for the last two or three days and no failures. I will try this for a while longer and then maybe set back to 1080p to see if it fails again, just to try and prove if the 1080i is definitely the cure for my DTR-T2100 to Sony Bravia TV issue.

0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

I have this box, bought it retail. I get the blank screen occasionally and I just change channels and back again and it is fixed. I have a Sony Bravia at 1080p, but, I also output composite video to a bedroom Samsung TV and you still get the blank screen so it is a general problem.

I think I want to send it back really, not impressed.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution
I can't say I'm greatly impressed either, mine froze again today but at least now I know when and how to reproduce the fault without fail. First take one young Grandchild, sit him or her in front of the TV to keep him or her quiet. Second, go to the BT player and select a childs box set and Voila, instant failure guaranteed. 😞
0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Worth trying the DTR-T2100's HDMI output at 1080i. Nothing really to lose. To my eyes, I could see no difference in picture quality between 1080i and 1080p on both SD and HD channels.

0 Ratings