cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 21 of 24

Re: Intermittent Blank Screen on Sony Bravia TV when bringing T2100 out of standby

Go to solution

Hi LB.

I checked that last night and it was already set to 1080i.

Just for info

The p in 1080p indicates that the picture is drawn on the TV screen by a method known as Progressive Scanning, progressive scanning is not used in the UK TV system

The i in 1080i indicates that the picture is drawn on screen by a method known as Interlacing, this is the method used in the UK TV system.

You probably wouldn't notice any difference in quality between the two but hopefully this will explain why 1080i is the correct setting

Hope that helps

0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 24

Re: Intermittent Blank Screen on Sony Bravia TV when bringing T2100 out of standby

Go to solution
The 1080p / 1080i doesn't matter, it still does it.
0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

Several days on 1080i without any blank screen failures. Switched the DTR-T2100 back to 1080p output and the blank screen problem was back within 2 hours.

I think I can now safely conclude that it is the Sony Bravia TV that is not happy with a 1080p input over the HDMI connection from the DTR-T2100 i.e. the DTR-T2100 does not have a fault.

A big thank you for everyone's help in getting to the bottom of this issue. It has all been greatly appreciated and has been a very informative experience.

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

This may be solved but for what it is worth

I have used a YouView box with no problem via a SCART on an old TV

I invested in a Sony Bravia - installed today by John Lewis

The YouView was only recognised by the Bravia if it was switched on by the power switch - once on it bringing it out of standby would lead to a Blank Screen on the Sony (it would also not swiitch to the input the YouView was on).

Long discussion followed and Sony said "most" of their TV's would recognise YouView via HDMI - but some had "unexplained" compatability issues - when asked what I should do the Sony man said if this was important I should ask John Lewis to change the set.......

Helpful discussion with John Lewis support - I did not want to change the set and JL suggeted connecting the YouView to the Sony HDMI via an HDMI "switch" box - only connecting the YouView to the box. (It seems that the Sony will recognise the switch - but not the YouView directly....)

Bought a Switch from Maplin (HSW0501BN) - connected YouView to switch and switch to Sony Bravia TV - and it works brilliantly.....

Turning the YouView on/off via the remote from standby changes the input source to the YouView HDMI on the Sony - and it has always been recognise by the Sony - no more blank screens.

A pain in the neck for a new TV - clearly a problem with Sony Bravia TV's and YouView - it would be nice if both YouView (Humax) and Sony could talk together to fix it....

But for now it seems the intermediate switch gets over the issue.

I thought this was worth sharing in case anyone else has the same issue - I will start a new thread with it......

Hope you have sorted you issue.....

0 Ratings