cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raven2010
Contributor
Message 1 of 94

Intermittent Broadband (21st September 2010)

Strange issue this one, since this morning i have been able to get on the new at usual but cannot access any web pages, then suddenly for 30 seconds i can then, i cant again, although i can go on a game online that i play no problems, cant access MSN, can download at full speed no problems, still no web pages will load, spoke to BT they say that its not the first call reguarding this today that they have had, im in lowestoft in suffolk, anyone else having issues like this?

0 Ratings
93 REPLIES 93
jackson77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 94

Re: Intermittent Broadband (21st September 2010)

I'm having the same problems, my ps3 keeps going fuuny as well, like the op said i have all blue lights on my hub but can't access any web pages, as i'm typing this this is the first time the internet has worked properly. Very strange.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 3 of 94

I have also experienced weird internet problem today where my DSL on my line was up but the internet side was down for a while with the internet side led on my router going red instead of green and so I couldn`t load any webpages.

According to the BT Service status update page, there was a problem today with 21CN, so this might be the cause of the problems we have been experinsing.

0 Ratings
Kalidus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 94

Exactly the same happening to me, at random any website can suddenly fail to work for a minute or two, I go somewhere else with no problems then try the troublesome site again and it works and then it seems another website that was working suddenly doesn't but again a minute or two later it is fine. Been happening since luchtime for me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 94

there was a major outage in central scotland affecting a much larger are - I also had up/down speed but no net.  Fixed about 4ish

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 6 of 94

The funny thing about this is I have been experiencing weird web page loading problems for some days now but didn`t report it to BT where sometimes web pages won`t even load up at all unless I load up my email client or start downloading with download manager.

I just put it down to my connection acting up.

But I have noticed today after the down time, my connection is no longer doing this and web pages are
loading up first time now.

0 Ratings
jackson77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 94

just looked at the services status and it does say it's been fixed at 4pm but i'm still getting problems (i live in Derby by the way) some websites work one minute then don't the next, do i have to live it a few hours for it all to settle down again?.

0 Ratings
tractorboy
Beginner
Message 8 of 94

0 Ratings
stumpy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 94

Hi peeps first post, im on infinity and my connection has been weird all evening. Only had the service a few weeks and its been perfect until tonight. Im in warwickshire so I dont know if this is the same issue. Man Indifferent

0 Ratings
lostof
Contributor
Message 10 of 94

Also in the East Midlands and my connection has been peculiar all day. It is still acting up now. Everytime I try to open a page I'm getting that windows diagnostic tool coming up - it says it can't connect with the remote server, then I refresh and it's fine. Sometimes I have to try a few times. Also all of the lights are solid blue on the homehub.

0 Ratings