cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 39

Re: Intermittent POP3 email logon failures

Hi all, just to add some support, i have been having the same issue for the past 2 weeks, getting worse, on by @btinternet.com account.  Now more often than not, the "enter password " box pops up when sending either automatically or manually (outlook 2007 Windows XP).

I tried all the fixes suggested by Microsoft support, to no avail.

Other POP3 (non-BT) accounts work fine, the settings in outlook are good becuse I can receive and send mail when I enter the password.  Not reported to BT yet because from experience and reading on here i don't believe the telephone support staff will accept it as BT issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 39

Hurrah - I have been having this problem for a long time and it certainly has been worse recently.  Obviously many of us are having this problem, but BT doesn't seem to acknowledge that there is a problem with this issue.  Some times of the day it will work for several hours (Outlook is set to check every 5 minutes) without error and then it will crop up again for some time.  Often I will just click OK to the error message, carry out a manual refresh and it will work fine, only seconds later.  There, it has just cropped up again whilst I am typing this.  Presumably there is a timing / security issue with the BT servers that causes Outlook to report an error.  Please BT, have a look at this.  If you need any more details, just let me know!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 39

Mine's still doing it this morning, one out of five not working.

Does no one from BT read these forums?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 39

I am having exactly the same issue.

Come on BT get a grip.  Read your own community forums and fix this issue please!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 39

Same here, on two machines the BT accounts keep asking for name and password. Then we get the error below.

I also had the Help desk spend 20 minutes re-setting my accounts all of which did nothing to fix the problem.

I also have my own domain and email account which virtually never fails.

Come on BT and Yahoo, you keep sending emails to say you are updating the system but never fix the core problems!! 

Task 'RogerBT - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#OCF013)'

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 39

Re: Intermittent POP3 email logon

@geoffpop3 wrote:

Hi,

can anyone help me please?

I have 3 BT yahoo pop3 accounts and 1 third party pop3 account in Outlook 2003. The BT email fails frequently - many times per day sometimes. The third party account never fails. I have an auto send & receive set up on all accounts running every 5 minutes.

The dialogue box for entering logon credentials pops up, but of course these have not changed since it worked 5 minutes previously. The BT error message is along the lines of "email server rejected your login. Server responded ERR[SYS/TEMP] sever error (#ocf013)"

This has been going on for months but seems to be much worse recently and is starting to drive me mad - I am often in the middle of typing something and end up typing in the log on credentials box instead, grrr

Any ideas?

thanks

Geoff

Same here, on two machines the BT accounts keep asking for name and password. Then we get the error below.

I also had the Help desk spend 20 minutes re-setting my accounts all of which did nothing to fix the problem.

I also have my own domain and email account which virtually never fails.

Come on BT and Yahoo, you keep sending emails to say you are updating the system but never fix the core problems!! 

Task 'RogerBT - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#OCF013)'

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 39

Further to my earlier post I have now contacted BT Help to try and get some assistance on this issue.  But other than an automated email reply with a reference number received on 16/11/11 (2 days ago!) they have not replied.

Great service!  It doesn't fill me with any confidence in BT at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 39

Hi

I have posted on another thread on this subject.

I have fixed the problem, and for 3 days now NO pop up boxes.  You need to go into "account setting" in outlook and make some changes.

I worked this out reading the advice of Andy_N,

In the account setting for each email account I have changed the "mail.btinternet.com" to:

incoming = pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

outgoing = smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

user names need to be complete with  username@btinternet.com

So three days no pop ups, and mail works just fine.

Hope this may help others out there, without the need to bang you head with your phone talking with India.

Alan

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 39

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the ongoing problems you guys are experiencing.  We have raised this with Yahoo and as soon as we know more we will be updating this thread E-mail password rejection.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 39

Alanpj you may just be a genius!  I have made your changes and so far these pop ups have stopped.

I will hold my breath for a while and hope this continues to work but on the assumption it does, thank you very much indeed.

0 Ratings