cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 39

Re: Intermittent POP3 email logon failures

While the problem may have been around for 4 months this time, it's not the first time BTY! have expereinced it.  The underlying problem has been around for several years, probably since Yahoo became involved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 32 of 39

I've got three different btinternet e-mails that I pull down (POP3) at the same time.  Two usually work perfectly, the third works sporadically and I get warning messages on my screen all day.  The settings are the same for all three e-mails.  Explain that?  Has got much worse recently for no apparent reason.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 39

Same here. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!! Will they ever sort this out????? Smiley Mad

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 39

Thank goodness I found this topic. I thought it was Thunderbird playing up.

I have only been getting this problem for 3 or 4 days now, but I was getting it a few months ago, then it went away on its own. 

Lets hope Yahoo come up with an answer soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 35 of 39

Same problem, cannot log on via outlook 2010 for the past two weeks despit it working perfectly weel to begin with. comon bt sort this out please

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 36 of 39

Problem solved! Download BT's broadband desktop help utility and it will run an email fix for you. Something about SSL being corrected. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Well, BT Help wouldn't even recognise I have Outlook 2010...

Email troubleshooting

We have detected that you do not have any supported Microsoft email program. To setup email account you need to download an email program. For more information, click on the link below.

Click here for more information

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 39

Fix for Intermittent POP3 email logon failures

I have been getting this on and off for a year or two, it happens on different PCs and even on my iPod so it's not a PC problem.  There is an easy fix, however, I found that if you just log into your email account using webmail then it seems to free it up and you mail clients start working.  It's obviously a server side problem.  Note that it doesn't fix it permanently but the problem goes away for a couple of weeks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 39 of 39

Re: Fix for Intermittent POP3 email logon failures

Hi everyone,

Could everyone who is still having problems with pop ups please drop an email into the Mod queue.  We are close to getting this one cracked and I want make sure everyone gets sorted out ok.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

There are a couple of open threads on this topic so I am locking this one down to keep eveything in one place.  Please post any new messages here.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings