cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Intermittent connectivity issues, unreliable broadband, furious customers

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous! I have lost count of the number of times I have had to reboot my HH3 router and power cycle the BT Openreach box just to be able to get a very slow connection to the internet. No, it’s not the wifi performance, before you ask. I have had to cable almost everything that’s connected to the router due to abysmal wifi capabilities of the HH3 router. That seems to be the only way to get any sort of functioning internet connectivity at the moment.

I’ve complained to BT multiple times through the normal channels via chat. I’ve arrange for call backs and have spent hours on the phone with people with limited power to make any effectual changes to my situation. This all culminates in them changing a channel on my router for the wifi. Of course, this is only effective until the router needs to be rebooted again, which happens multiple times per day. The other thing that happens it BT tell me they’ll send an engineer, (which I’ll have to pay for)!!!!

It’s absolutely outrageous that I have to tolerate such an appalling service level from a telco giant. We pay for so many services from BT that I would hope someone would take the complaints seriously. We are now completely unable to work from home.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Intermittent connectivity issues, unreliable broadband, furious customers

are you on fibre (infinity) or adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Infinity 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

can you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

you will not be charged for an engineer visit unless the fault is to do with your setup or your internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

OK, here you go:

Speed Test.JPG

ADSL checker.JPG

I did the quiet line test, but I don't know what I was waiting for. It kept saying "quiet line"....?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

The quiet line test should be just that quiet apart from the announcement - no hiss/crackle/static

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

The btspeedtester is first test results. Can you run again but this time run diagnostic test that is available when first test completes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Here you go. Red is bad right?

Dianostics.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

sorry but was test done wired?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

No, it was wireless. Here is the same test run whilst wired in. I don't understand this though. I wasn't complaining about the speed? I was complaining about the general intermittent connectivity issues we experience, and the regular lack of availability the service provides. Perhaps these are standard tests you have to run beforehand?

Other.JPG

The last time I complained about my connectivity issues was in February. If you have access to the ticketing tool, you'll be able to see the nature of my complaint. It was ticket number: VOL051-4263008159178. Something was "done at the exchange" and someone logged onto my HH3 and changed the wireless channel and that "fixed" it. Trouble is, it's been the same ever since. We have a few hours where the connection is stable, then we'll start to get packet losses when trying to connect to sites like Google.co.uk, Bt.com etc etc.

DOS box.JPG

I'm no expert, but this is clearly more than an issue with the wireless channel and some spurious problem at the exchange. This is a continuing nightmare for us which is preventing us from accessing the internet for hours at a time and therefore taking full advantage of the services we pay a lot of money for!

0 Ratings