This problem started yesterday from what I can tell,
Firstly, this is not a hard permanent fault it is occuring intermittently.
Sometimes when clicking on a link or a favourite my laptop is redirecting me to a BT webpage which states
"Due to an issue with your broadband account, your BT Total Broadband service has been suspended."
On that webpage is a link which sends you to a page to say that there is an unpaid bill, however I have no unpaid bills which I have confirmed by logging into "My BT" and an outstanding balance of zero.
To get over the issue, I can click back on my browser and reselect the link/favourite and it usually then goes to the correct website as usual.
My internet and phone apart from this occasional blip is working normally.
Has anyone seen this odd behaviour before?
I am going to try a reboot of the Smarthub to see if that solves it as well.
I am on unlimited infinity 2, and have been since it was available here.
Delete all of the temporary Internet files from your web browser.
A reboot of the home hub may also help, as it will give you a different public IP address.
It sounds like you have been infected by malware or a virus. Download a good malware program and run a a scan.
Your own Antivirus may be compromised.
Believe me , I checked everything before posting this.
The issue is occuring on multiple machines, both Windows and MacOS plus my Android tablet sometimes takes several retries to connect to fhe facebook app.
Since posting this, I did an online chat with BT support and they have confirmed that nothing is wrong with my account and everything should be ok from that side. However they can see an apparent issue locally in the BT infrastructure that needs fixing, they did reset something remotely which cleared the issue for several hours but now it's back, so I am guessing something is overloaded locally. I am a techie in IT so do not believe the person on the other end was trying to pull a fast one based on what else was said that I will not post here.
I've been asked to wait 24hrs and see if it clears,
Well more than 24 hours later the issue remains.
I've rebooted everything again, still not working right.
Nothing showing on BT service status.
Dont know if this coincidence but my neighbours broadband is currently non functional due to an actually unpaid bill, but theirs only comes up with the account suspended error and nothing else and it has been suspended for quiet a few weeks now, whereas my fault only started happening on Saturday.
And yes, I am on the correct Wifi and not next doors, and does not matter if the device is on Wifi or cabled directly to the smarthub.
So I have done some digging around and found out the URL of the redirect actually contains the account number. The account number that is present in the suspended URL that I am getting intermittently is not mine, so I have no idea what is going on.
Could a moderator arrange for someone to look at this, I have the account number that seems to be crossed into my account in some way. I am not going to post that here, but I will say it starts EU Then a series of digits and I have no idea how my line is sometimes intermittently failing with this account suspended page given my account number is nothing like the one in the redirect URL.
So to summise,
the suspend URL contains an account number starting EU
My account number starts with the letters GB
I also wonder if the other customer whoever they are would be happy that another customer has their account number, especially given GDPR is now in force.
Is the neighbour's house next door to you? Do you use powerline adaptors?
No Power line adapters at either property, but yes my neighbour is attached and we are both supplied from the same cabinet.
Just seems odd that sometimes everything is fine, like it is at this very second but in 5 mins time I could lose HTTP and HTTPS and need to keep hitting back on the browser and try reloading pages over and over, then it will load fine eventually.
The VDSL remains up all the time and my IP address does not change. Here is the WAN log from my Smarthub, I did press disconnect and then reconnect earlier today to force a new IP which it did, I rebooted the whole thing yesterday with a power cycle several times.
07:49:26, 06 Aug.
:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL
00:01:56, 01 Jan.
:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL
00:01:20, 01 Jan.
ptm0.101:VLAN VLAN_DATA connected
00:01:20, 01 Jan.
:connection ATM_TV disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]
00:01:19, 01 Jan.
:connection ATM_DATA disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]
00:01:14, 01 Jan.
dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=85484Kbps, Up Rate=31275Kbps, SNR Margin Down=12.70dB, SNR Margin Up=7.60dB
00:00:24, 01 Jan.
:WAN: ethernet as LAN
07:05:38, 05 Aug.
dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 638562 seconds
07:05:37, 05 Aug.
:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected
Have you tried a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.