cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sijomi
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Intermittent noisy line, if fault does not occur when BT engineer present I get charged, help?

About 40% of outgoing calls have crackle or hiss on our line the rest are fine. Incoming calls are not affected. I have tried 3 different phones plugged directly into the master socket (I have BT infinity so I have a 3-piece master socket, I've removed the first (front) part (connecting internal extension wiring) but not the second (inner) part connecting the Infinity VDSL service). I've reported the fault to BT who state their line test reports line OK and confirm they think I have done all I can to prove it's not a fault with my equipment. They suggest they send an engineer but they warn me that if the fault does not occur while the engineer is present they will charge me.  Where do I go from here?

Background: As far as I can remember this fault has been occurring since Infinity was installed (certainly not before) and when the engineer (a Kelly Communications guy) left after checking broadband OK I found I had no phone service. Luckily he was still in his van outside. He went back to the street cabinet and called me from there and apologised for making an error in the connection.

Help....

Ken

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
StuartH
Message 2 of 2

Re: Intermittent noisy line, if fault does not occur when BT engineer present I get charged, help?

Hi Sijomi

Send us an email using the contact us form in my profile we can help with this.

You can find the contact us form in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings