cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Intermittent password request pop-up

Suit yourself. It was what cured their problem!

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 18

For what it's worth, my password is already all lower case and numbers.

I wouldn't be able to change it anyway if my current password isn't being accepted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

Can you not log onto BTYahoo webmail? If you can then you can change the password from the accounts page. You then change the password in your email client so that it can log into your email account.If you already have them all in lower case and numbers then it might not work but it was only a suggestion to try and help and as you can't get into your email via your email client what have you got to loose by trying.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

It's working again now and I didn't do anything apart from eat a bowl of cornflakes.

If anyone else has the problem I suggest they eat a bowl of cornflakes - it worked for me!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Glad its working, I'm sure we can put that fix on a sticky for others to try!

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

It's an intermittent problem that's been ongiong for years, nobody at BT seem able to explain it. It eventually works again, but can happen for up to a day which can be very inconvenient.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Yes, I was aware of the ongoing problem and I guessed you were too, that's why I never mentioned it and suggested the "password change" fix. It looks like there will never be a fix from BT or Yahoo so I think the cornflakes fix is as good as it gets.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 18

I have extra special muesli and have hardly ever had the password problem, so it looks as though the relative healthiness of your breakfast has something to do with it. Does anyone in the US ever manage to connect to their email first time?

Spoiler
images.jpg

Smiley Very Happy

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings