Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teppotastic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Intermittent reconnect beeps - Synergy 3105 Quad

Go to solution

Pretty much as the subject line says. I have a BT-provided Synergy 3105 Quad system of phones in the house (yes, quite old I know but they still work just fine :P).

Though their function seems un-affected they have in recent weeks started producing a very annoying beep, just like after a powercut when the base-unit re-establishes itself and the satellite units reconnect. Except there is not powercut and broadband seems unaffected at the time (I'm assuming that rules out a fault on the line - but I could be wrong).

This repeats every few minutes, though the intervals do vary. Often over a period of 1-2 hours on most days of the week. I've yet to discern a pattern but I'm starting to keep a diary 😛

Any ideas? I'd like to know what's causing it rather than just a host of "lol - it's really old. Get a new one :P".

Cheers 😄

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
sandjett
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent reconnect beeps - Synergy 3105 Quad

Go to solution

Hi, I`ve been searching for an answer to the same/similar problem. I have a BT Freestyle 2200, which beeps during the night, seemingly at random. ( I havent heard/ noticed this happening during the day). The beeping is two short beeps followed by a long `reconnect` beep. Last night i disconnected handset upstairs as it went off at 2, 3, and 3.20am! This morning we have reset the twin phones, and hope this may have cured the problem, but as it`s quite random will have to wait and see. Is there a way to turn down the noise of that beeping? As it is I dont now want the second handset in my bedroom; last night it was in danger of being hurled through the window into the street! :)) Lasy year we changed the batteries in both phones, but to be honest I cant see how that would affect this problem as it does seem to be entirely random. Let`s hope somebody out there can offer us some telephony wisdom.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Teppotastic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I'd forgotten I'd posted this here XD

I solved the problem with a flash of inspiration. My handset was placed right next to my BTHomeHub. So I imagine there was some interference with the signal to the phone-hub.

I moved it about 2 feet, to the otherside of a stud wall and the issue was completely resolved.

To anyone else having a similar problem - make sure you're not got the phone-hub or the handsets near any other wireless kit. That's all the advice I've got 🙂

0 Ratings
sandjett
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Will try it tonight. Thanks!
0 Ratings