cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kezmond
Message 1 of 4

Internet/ Broadband Issues

I have a BT router that allows me to use the internet anywhere in my home. Its gotten into the habit of losing broadband connection randomly, then turning on again. Also if the phone rings, it will turn off too. I need to use the internet frequently as i am a student and need to revise for exams and such, and when im not studying, i like to spend my time on my xbox. But due to bad connections i cant play online properly. My parents also have set up an office next door to my house (off the same phone wire) and they have BT broadband too, yet whenever the phone rings the internet is fine for them. In the office i can watch a 25 minute long clip on the internet without any buffering issues, whereas in my own home i have to wait 20 minutes for a 3 minute clip to buffer. This can't be right surely? Can anyone help? Please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet/ Broadband Issues

Well if you have 2 lots of broadband, you must have 2 lines....

It follows your line is faulty or noisy, and phone calls are dropping the connection.

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

@RogerB wrote:

It follows your line is faulty or noisy, and phone calls are dropping the connection.

Or there's something amiss with the filtering...

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 4

@IanC wrote:

@RogerB wrote:

Or there's something amiss with the filtering...

Indeed,  but I was thinking along the lines of...well if his bb is not good at streaming....and his phone drops the con....if it was 1 broadband loop, they wouldn;t be able to stream either...coz the IP and throughput would be on the floor.. unless of course they were just lucky, and there weren't enough drops to erode the IP profile.

Taking bets on 2 lines...??

0 Ratings