cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Internet Disconnects but Light Stays Blue

For the alst 4-5 weeks I've had countless calls with BT and changed filters, powercycled the router and changed the socket it's in multiple times. During the evening hours between 5-10pm usually my connection constantly drops but the light remains blue on my Home Hub 4 ADSL connection.

BT think the problem is with a device inside my house intefering with the signal/frequency as the light stays blue and it reconnects within 30 seconds everytime. The devices used between these hours are usually the Landline phone, a Windows vista Laptop, 2 iPhones and an iPad.

Does anyone have experience with an issue like this and have any thing I can do?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Internet Disconnects but Light Stays Blue

are you using a wired or wireless connection
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Well I have tried putting the hub in the master socket and unplugging everything else with a wireless connection and the problem still persisted. Usually I have the Desktop connected via wire and it still disconnectes frequently.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

try downloading insidder and run the programme this should enable you to select a clear wireless channel
0 Ratings
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

I'll try chancging the channel (currently on 11 am changing to 6) but I have no neghbours so I don't think it could be an overused channel, if I move the hub to another socket in my house and use a wired connection to the desktop it still disconnects so surely this eliminates the wireless issues?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

which port are you using for the ethernet connection have you tried using a different port
0 Ratings
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

I'll give that a try now but I don' think it's that as when it drops all devices lose connection even the wireless ones.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

it could be a faulty hub but all options have to be checked out first
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Yeah, I think I've tried everything the only options left is a specific device inside my house causing it or the hub itself, BT said they will send a new BT home hub 4 tomorrow so if it still persisits after that arrives I'll let you know.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 25

post back if you need further help
0 Ratings