Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Internet Disconnects but Light Stays Blue

New hub arrived at 8am this morning which I was very impressed by and I set it up shortly after, connection has been stable until now, it has disconnected twice in last hour but is this to be expected when adding a new hub or should I contact BT again?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

are you connected to test socket?

is it the hub dropping internet connection or you dropping the wifi conenction to the hub?

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run the diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

ATM my hub isn't connected to the main socket as otherwise the desktops cannot have a wired connection, but the main socket still ha s a filter in anyway. The first time the hub changed to orange but only disconnected for about 5-10 seconds, the second time all devices lost connection (both wired and wireless) but the light remained blue, connection was lost for 5-10 minutes but some pages would load incredibly slowly (slower than other peoples usage would cause it to go). Running tests atm.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

You really need to connect to the test socket to eliminate any possible internal wiring problems
0 Ratings
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

I have the old casing where there is no test socket inside, the problem is still happening frequently tonight (light staying blue but connection timing out pretty often on both wired and wireless devices), what's the next step I should take?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

Are you connected to master socket if you have no test socket. As you cannot connect to the test socket you cannot eliminate internal wiring as causing the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Yeah I've had the hub connected to the master socket where it enters the house and on another socket downstairs and connection still timed out at random intervals.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

It looks as if you need an engineer visit
Repuran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Yeah, BT aren't very willing to send one even though I offered to pay. A friend earlier said the phone like I was talking on was very unstable with a lot of background noise from it , which could be linked to the disconnections?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

line noise will be the cause of your broadband problem you really need to report it as a voice fault with no mention of broadband in the call