cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slowhand922
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Internet Explorer

I have recently encountered a problem being able to watch BTsport live although the videos work fine, when I click to watch live i am presented with a direction to download silverlight (which is already on my computer and upto date). (deleted redownloaded twice to make sure). To watch the football on sunday I had to download google chrome and make it my browser , this enabled me to watch live. However , afterwards whilst using chrome , it became apparent I hated it as I did before when trying it , so I have once again removed all trace of it. I am back to internet explorer and can't watch btsport live again. Is it btsport failing to recognise I have silverlight when using internet explorer or is it internet explorer that is the problem ? I do not have any issues streaming live programs from any other source.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Internet Explorer

What version of Windows do you have and which version of Internet Explorer do you have running. You would think that with both Windows and silverlight both being from Microsoft they would work seamlesslybut that is not always the case .

If BT Sports runs best under Chrome you may consider reinstalling Chrome but not making it your default browser & simply using it when watching BT Sports.

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

It will also work with Firefox but will probably have to download siverlight for Firefox.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
slowhand922
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

windows 8 and internet explorer10 , which I believe is integrated into windows8 . I think ,from memory , this has happened before but cannot remember how it was resolved. Seems funny to me that it can be fine one day but not the next , when I have had no updates nor made any changes to settings etc. This is the reason that points to it being a btsport issue , to me.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Is there any reason you haven't updated to Windows 8.1 and IE 11 ? That said it should work with win 8 and IE 10.

There have been I believe 2 updates of Microsoft Silverlight made this calendar year - these are often delivered by Windows Update.

0 Ratings
slowhand922
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

many thanks for replying, in answer , I do not like windows 8 and have used startmenu8 from IObit to take me straight to desktop on start up , this I did within weeks of getting this laptop, approx 16 months ago , also it enables everything to be accessed from my desktop , far simpler and quicker. Having read up on 8.1 , I dont think it would benefit me to bother downloading it. With regards to the silverlight , I have twice removed and redownloaded it , to ensure it was upto date.

The "tech" people at btsport seem to want to offer the easy solution only ,  use chrome , without trying to establish why from one day to the next it wont operate on internet explorer and doesnt pick up the fact I have already got an upto date version of silverlight installed. 

0 Ratings