Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TehDoubleJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 36

Re: Internet Speed and Stability Issues

Go to solution

Hello. Its been roughly the same amount of time when the original stats were posted and there is clearly a big difference in errors. The internet has been stable and at correct speeds since connected however it has been stable and fast before. so Im still unable to verify if its internal wiring or external. I guess the only way is to attempt this when it goes bad again which can has been random and at no fixed times.

here is the home hub stats

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 02:40:12
Downstream:14 Mbps
Upstream:1.184 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):7.3 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):27.9 dB / 18.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.1 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):671289 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):19128 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):11205 / 1
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

1490 / 1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution
suggest you leave it in the test socket until you have the next problem then repost hubstats and a speedtest
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

connecting to the test socket has really helped and has dropped the amount of crc/hec errors which suggests there is a prolem with your internal wiring.  just leave it for another day and post another set of stats to see if still connected and also the amount of errors.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TehDoubleJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

My apologies I intended to post a speedtest but I forgot to. So here is the speedtest while the internet is good.

I will attempt to leave it attached to the test socket as long as possible also.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 10.69 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 12.65 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.95Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

looks goodSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution
looking good 🙂
0 Ratings
TehDoubleJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

Hello. Appears my internet is having issues again Speed has slowed considerably I tried to run the speedtester.bt.com and it returned an error. (Will post the results if I can)

Nothing Has changed since the last post No phones or extensions connected Hub still attached to the test socket.

Hub Stats

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 07:09:17
Downstream:14 Mbps
Upstream:1.184 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.4 dB / 5.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):27.9 dB / 18.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.1 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):8394214 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):259749 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):356304 / 1
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

9529 / 1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

the crc/hec errors have significantly increase since your last stats post

19000 crc in 2hr 40 then 839000 after 7hrs  suggesting there is interference causing the errors - anything close to router that could cause a problem http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

0 Ratings
TehDoubleJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

The hub is elevated up away from everything sat ontop of a cabinet, and has not changed its position since it was first installed(about a year ago now). I am unable to see anything suddenly causing issues but stranger things have no doubt happened.

Can filters suddenly go bad? we had a powercut/surge a few months ago is it possible the filter was damaged?

Also noticing the time it could be hitting peak demand right now which could explain the sudden issues?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

filters even without any power surge can stop working correctly - never know until your internet starts having problems often calls disconnecting the broadband

0 Ratings