cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Internet access without downloading BT software

I work from home serval days a week.

I need to access the internet withought downloading software- my company policy is we cannot download any software onto our machines nor do I have admin rights on my laptop to do this.

How can I still use my internet? every time I try and go to a sit on my machine it forces my browser to the download page and this is preventing me from being able to do my job.

I spent 45 mins waiting to speak to someone only to have the live chat terminated when I was 4th in the queue and wasted 20 mins on hold on your phone line.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Internet access without downloading BT software

you do not have to download any thing just click on no to each page
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi John,

There is no option for the word no or anything like it 😞 

It just asks "Download" or "Register" 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

What is the name of the page it is sending you to? You should only need to cnnect your computer to the internet either by wireless or ethernet cable then open your browser and start using the Internet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

I can only think that something has hijacked your browser.  There is no need to download anything to use BT broadband, and BT have never forced me to do so.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 8

It's not the Homehub page you're seeing, is it? I find that each new device that is connected is taken to the HH page to set it up to allow connection. (I think this is probably to do with Smart Setup?)

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go into 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home and disable Smart Setup. 

192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home>Advanced Settings>Home Network>Smart Setup>No/Disable.

Is it the Home Hub 4?, it can be identified by the SSID (BTHub4-XXXX). 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Lightbulb moment...

Are you connecting via WiFi?  If so, you should be logging on to the wireless connection whose name begins with "BTHub". not "BTWiFi" or similar.

The BTHub connection is your own broadband.  The BTWiFi is the wireless connection available to all BT broadband customers.

0 Ratings